Chart talk

Goto page Previous  123 ... 276277278 ... 424425426  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
shaydndepriest wrote:
Have not heard a single album on that list.

Time to listen to them all...


If you want to start with Harkan, I'd say start with "HArK," and move to "Ellipsis." If you want to start with Hayden Who, go for them in order: Candles, Manner, Blue. With the Grey Marshmallow, you can start anywhere.

Something weird happened, though. A few of those albums aren't on bandcamp for some reason. I couldn't pull them up. Cyanotic, Absent, and the Absent Tapes are victims. So, did Bandcamp or Harkan and Hayden take them down manually, or is it a glitch?

Speaking of Bandcamp, there's this band called Sofastir. Icelandic post-rock, but heavier than Sigur Ros. Heck, two of the tags on their album Otta are "Mastodon" and "Agalloch." I recommend it for those who don't mind morbid Icelandic lyrics. ๐Ÿ˜ But seriously, this is a talented band.
  • Quote
Haven't been on this site in a while and reviewed my own top 100... I disagree with almost half of it now.... hahaha.

It's really hard to do something kinda scientific (make a list of the best/your favorite albums in some kinda logical way) with something that is so subjective... to the point where I don't even agree with my own lists! hahaha... and in two years they'd change again.

I guess that's good, though. I mean, at the same time it's not like I'd fill my top ten with Marilyn Manson albums or something... but I have changed... i'm much more into blues rock now than I have ever been before... and that's probably because of the band I play in now.

Anyways, just a random thought I'd throw out to the universe.
  • Quote
shaydndepriest wrote:
Jewels of Post-Modern Experimentalism in the second half of 1998.

I expect 50 albums at least. Good luck.


I'd actually be very interested if someone made this.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
Absent, and the Absent Tapes are victims. So, did Bandcamp or Harkan and Hayden take them down manually, or is it a glitch?


Oh, and that was me. I took down Absent only a few weeks ago actually. They aren't available for download anymore, but Absent will be reposted soon. I have another EP in the works that'll be the sister project to that release. The Absent Tapes is just hidden from the public, I don't think I'll be releasing it again though.

Thanks for putting me on the bandcamp page though! ๐Ÿ˜„ Especially at #1. I'm working on a project right now with some jazz musicians in Toronto and a hip-hop producer. We've been working on stuff for the past few months, hoping to get an album out early next year. Won't say anything else though.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
I made a 2000s chart. It's got lots of albums from the 2000s on it.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I made a 2000s chart. It's got lots of albums from the 2000s on it.


What your favorite song from Love. Angel. Music. Baby. which wasn't a single from the album?
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:
What your favorite song from Love. Angel. Music. Baby. which wasn't a single from the album?


'Long Way to Go' and 'Bubble Pop Electric' probably.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
sethmadsen wrote:
Haven't been on this site in a while and reviewed my own top 100... I disagree with almost half of it now.... hahaha.

It's really hard to do something kinda scientific (make a list of the best/your favorite albums in some kinda logical way) with something that is so subjective... to the point where I don't even agree with my own lists! hahaha... and in two years they'd change again.

I guess that's good, though. I mean, at the same time it's not like I'd fill my top ten with Marilyn Manson albums or something... but I have changed... i'm much more into blues rock now than I have ever been before... and that's probably because of the band I play in now.

Anyways, just a random thought I'd throw out to the universe.


What band, if it's one we can find online?
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
I just finally redid my chart into some coherent something. I also finally started adding notes. So check it out if you please.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=15878
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
I'd actually be very interested if someone made this.

I'm on it

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 276277278 ... 424425426  Next
Page 277 of 426


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Laughing Stock (Talk Talk) VS Neon Bi... Behrus58 Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF: Talk Talk def. The... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Talk Talk, Music Machine 1966 ffudnebbuh Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R2: Talk Talk def. Chrome videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - EF: Wire def. Talk Talk videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.