You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 707172 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Couldn't let this fall off the first page of games! Kiki, here's a really fun one for you:


Bashful Creatures by Hippo Campus
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
Alright so I'm having a little trouble tracking down Kiki's album. I'll probably get ahold of it soon enough but in the mean time, for the sake of keeping this thread rolling, here Ben have an album:

Hokey Fright by The Uncluded
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
Alright so I'm having a little trouble tracking down Kiki's album. I'll probably get ahold of it soon enough but in the mean time, for the sake of keeping this thread rolling, here Ben have an album:

Hokey Fright by The Uncluded


I heard about this, am familiar with both of them, heard a track, and forgot to check it out. Completely forgot it existed. Thanks!
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:
Cinรฉrex - Exit All Areas

And I finally tracked this down! And really happy I did! First listen impression = fantastic. Honestly feel like if this had gotten more coverage during the mid-late 90s trip-hop zeitgeist, it could be considered a stable up there with Maxinquaye. Also, Lamb vibes. Gonna be revisiting it soon. Thanks Kiki!

Alright @DSOTC. I'll get to your album soon but it the mean time looks like I get to throw one your way
Here try this out

Moondog (1969) by Moondog
  • Quote
Gowienczyk wrote:

Delta Sands by Opal Onyx


Gorgeous voice over electronic ambient noise that make up for a, sometimes peaceful and meditative, but mostly gloomy and somber experience. It fits today's cold-rainy-hangover mood, I like this album a lot, thanks.

This is for you dbz

Shafiq En' A-Free-Ka by Shafiq Husayn
  • Quote
DarkSideOfTheComputer wrote:

I'm 90% convinced this entire album was created humorously, but even so, I enjoyed the bits of (possibly sarcastically implemented?) atonal riffs and campy spoken word sections. It's strange in that I can't tell if it's utterly insincere in its composition or just the opposite, and even stranger is that at its core I feel like this is just supposed to be a fun (if not somewhat eccentric) surf rock album so why am I looking so far into this

brun027 wrote:

This is for you dbz

Shafiq En' A-Free-Ka by Shafiq Husayn


ahh shit this was so wonderfully laid back and jazzy. managed to create these chilled out moods that were smooth as hell while still being full of sensual personality and just enough layered complexity to remain engaging interesting (some of those percussion tracks were just bananas) but still down to earth such that it didn't come across as anything less than totally chilled out and immersive. I can definitely vibe to this ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks once again Bruno!

Alright so this fits the mood we had towards the end of that plug session earlier this evening, if you're still feeling like immersive darkness:

Tryptych by Demdike Stare
  • Quote
heyy so would somebody be kind enough to give me an album?
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
gonna give gowi this too

Delusion Of The Fury by Harry Partch

k have fun


How have I never listened to this until yesterday? Really awesome post-modernist take on music with interesting experimentation going all around. I donโ€™t think I could speak on in detail what made this so very fascinating for me as itโ€™s not a type of music I am well educated or strong in thought about but with that said this made a quick 4 out of 5 stars so it had a really impactful first impression on me.

Quote:
DBZ




Savage Imagination by Takako Minekawa & Dustin Wong


Last edited by mickilennial on 01/03/2015 08:05; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
heyy so would somebody be kind enough to give me an album?



This Is Our Science by Astronautalis

Given your love for indie hip-hop, you should love this

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 707172 ... 197198199  Next
Page 71 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.