What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 665266536654 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

90125 by Yes
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote

Inside by Steffen Basho-Junghans
  • Quote
Papa Inflable by Rip. The beginning half is too amazing.
  • Quote

Townes Van Zandt by Townes Van Zandt
  • Quote
i'll just progress to the next year...


A Private Heaven by Sheena Easton
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote

Sucker by Charli XCX

Don't expect it to be anything like True Romance or even half as good just based on the singles. I had a dream that I listened to it and there were guitar solos O_O Which is what made me finally listen to it. To see if there were guitar solos. None so far.

The first track is bad to me. Break The Rules can be fun in the right mood, but does seem kind of...poser-y? Boom Clap has absolutely no personality but it is a fine song. I turn it up when it comes on the radio, if only to express solidarity with Charli as an artist ahaha.
London Queen is yuck. Is people in the UK coming to the US still a romanticized thing? Lol this sounds like it could play on like a commercial for visiting the US. Breaking Up is playing. okay. bad. Gold Coins is...is this played straight? Like, this isn't satire? for fuck's sake. yeah here's Boom Clap, it honestly feels like a breath of fresh air after the initial onslaught of bad. I can see why she left Superlove out, it is a True Romance song at heart. Doing It is starting off really awesome O_O Sounds derivative though I don't know specifically who it is derivative of. Just R&B I guess lol. Still probably won't listen to it ever again. It gets boring after the initial thrill. Oh this one Saoirse mentioned in her review. A song about masturbation. this is so good. Regardless of my feelings about this record musically Charli is still fucking awesome. Famous is a pretty nice one. People were right about it getting better in the second half. Hanging Around makes me think of We Will Rock You, which is a terrible thing to remind a person of. I liked Die Tonight and Caught in The Middle might be my favourite so far. It is just really, really lovely. makes me want to rethink the entire album just because of how sweet this song is. Need Ur Luv is similar. The last three tracks on this album are fantastic.

all in all this album was bad and I don't want to listen to it ever again. but Charli is still amazing and Ima support her forever and ever. Oh and no guitar solos. Musically the album isn't very cohesive, it actually sounds experimental in its way, for her at least, not saying it is experimental music ahah. Just sounds like a transitional period. I'm not super into the direction she is going. I have to admit I really miss the shimmering. But I've got True Romance for that. The lyrics have mostly lost all the passion and fun and love and face-burning-and-red and laughing fits. Though to be fair True Romance did have stuff like "Bad boy motherfucker, destroy" but that is so ridiculous it just makes me love True Romance all the more. She seems to have taken up something a bit more contrived on this album.

2014 is the year of my favourite artists releasing mediocre albums. ๐Ÿคฃ Orion Rigel Dommisse, Vashti Bunyan, Charli XCX. Though I was expecting Vashti and Charli's to be bad (just intuition I guess), I was really only shocked by Orion's, I should try listening to it again. Her direction in her newest record was completely unexpected. She went from dark fairytales with the occasional personal touch to something more subdued, rural and personal and then suddenly she made a thin indie rock album.

Edit: haha I called Saoirse her, just habit I guess
  • Quote

Home, Like Noplace Is There by The Hotelier
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote

Black Metal by Dean Blunt
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote
i forgot to load the album from 1985 onto my machine, so there goes the chronological 80s fun... But this, my current #572 favorite album of all time, is a good replacement.


45:33 by LCD Soundsystem
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote
Next on the turntable:


The Queen Is Dead by The Smiths

๐Ÿ˜„
_________________
...and for dessert!

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 665266536654 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 6653 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.