Recommendations Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 626364 ... 101102103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
LevonTostig wrote:
I want some rap...pretty new to the genre, but something more intellectual (not sure if that's the right word). Something with really great production. :)



Link


This 100%.
  • Quote
Thanks guys, had time for Madvillain last night and looking forward to the rest! ๐Ÿ˜„

Last edited by LevonTostig on 02/14/2015 19:32; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
craola wrote:
Cursive is awesome, but I'd go with more cello:


The Ugly Organ is fantastic, too! I recommended Domestica because I felt it embodied much of the same bitterness as Brand New and Taking Back Sunday. Have you heard Burst and Bloom? It's their first album with cello, but it reminds me of Domestica.
  • Quote
creator wrote:
The Ugly Organ is fantastic, too! I recommended Domestica because I felt it embodied much of the same bitterness as Brand New and Taking Back Sunday. Have you heard Burst and Bloom? It's their first album with cello, but it reminds me of Domestica.

I was never able to get a copy of Burst and Bloom, no.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
I feel like I may be overusing this thread...but I'd like some European folk. I want it to sound really Europe-y.
That's a thing, right?
  • Quote
LevonTostig wrote:
I feel like I may be overusing this thread...but I'd like some European folk. I want it to sound really Europe-y.
That's a thing, right?


Europe is pretty humongous so I'm not entirely sure what you want but maybe these'll work for you:

Basket Of Light by Pentangle

Bรญlรฉ Inferno by Iva Bittovรก & Vladimรญr Vรกclavek

First Utterance by Comus
  • Quote
That's basically exactly what I meant, thanks! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
LevonTostig wrote:
I feel like I may be overusing this thread...

Please don't ever think that. This is one of the threads I'm always checking because of the variety of interesting stuff that pops up in it, and I often pick stuff up from other peoples' rec-requests. I don't often (ever?) ask for recs here cause I don't know what it is I'm looking for, but post as much as your heart desires.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:

Basket Of Light by Pentangle

Bรญlรฉ Inferno by Iva Bittovรก & Vladimรญr Vรกclavek

brandon can I be your valentine?
  • Quote
LevonTostig wrote:
I feel like I may be overusing this thread...but I'd like some European folk. I want it to sound really Europe-y.
That's a thing, right?



Hark! The Village Wait by Steeleye Span

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 626364 ... 101102103  Next
Page 63 of 103


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
New Recommendations Thread RockyRaccoon Music
Recommendations Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Recommendations Guest Music
Recommendations for a jazz newbie shoopadoowop Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.