You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 737475 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Gowienczyk wrote:

Yav by Arkona

Really great energetic folk metal with subtle power and black metal influences. Progressions felt generally natural and fantastic vocal performance. Very reminiscent of something of a less gloomy moonsorrow. I dig it 😄

alright as long as we're throwing metal at each other:

Seediq Bale by Chthonic
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:


Seediq Bale by Chthonic


Been awhile since I’ve listened to Chthonic, and it’s about where I remember them. Seedinq Bale has a cacophony of ideas, but ultimately I don’t think they are cohesive strung together well at all as the nature of melodic black metal, Asian folk music, and skirts of death metal feel like a mess. For me, this is one of the worst melodic black metal releases that I’ve heard (though I only dislike it) which let’s face it—the bar wasn’t too high given I still like Darzamat. That said this isn’t a mere problem Seediq Bale has but rather their whole discography as I remember when I was younger listening to Relentless Recurrence and I think 9th Empyrean when I was first exploring black metal. A step above Cradle of Filth, but not really something I would want to listen to again. Shame.

Quote:
dbz



Vile Art by Ritual Mess
  • Quote
Gowienczyk wrote:
Vile Art by Ritual Mess
Passionate, hook heavy hardcore with noisy progressions and straddling that wonderful line between sloppy aggression and technical tightness. Badass. Another solid Gowi rec.
Gowienczyk wrote:
A step above Cradle of Filth

haha ouch. actually I listened to it again after reccing you for the first time in awhile and somehow I remember something much better than what I heard. Still would hold it in higher placement than anywhere near COF but yeah idk why I remembered something more... I think younger me was a sucker for those Asian folk bits.

Anyway, here's something I can stand by a little more confidently

Kaija Saariaho: Graal Théâtre, Solar,...Storgårds
  • Quote
brun027 wrote:

for Happymeal

Canções Subterrâneas by A Naifa


I listened to this about 3 times and I can say that it was a brilliant fusion of hispanic music and trip hop. The textures were all soothing and there were so many different sounds and beautiful instrumentals involved.

For the person above:



Искушение by valentina ponomareva


Last edited by Happymeal on 02/15/2015 01:50; edited 2 times in total
  • Quote
I very much doubt I will ever be able to find that album (it from Russian I think?) so it will have go to person after I think.

Happymeal you can have:

Bocanada by Gustavo Cerati

If not then person below can have it (although I will have to have their album too) 😮
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:
I very much doubt I will ever be able to find that album (it from Russian I think?) so it will have go to person after I think.

actually Kiki pretty sure Happy's album goes to me, so no worries I can probably find it (and I'll edit in a review after I do)

In the mean time, here Kiki you can have this

Loss by Wodensthrone
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

Kaija Saariaho: Graal Théâtre, Solar,...Storgårds


As I may have mentioned before, I am terrible at describing what I like about classical and more avant-garde music to the point I sound like I have arbitrary insight into the music itself, perhaps an education or deeper outlook into books and documentaries would help me, but anyway onto the music. This was really nice with subtle string movements that was really nice to listen to on its own and as background/mood music for my prose. Not particularly in love with it in either setting, but I thought it was really well done and had a good atmosphere about it.

Quote:
dbz



Radio Onsen Eutopia by Etsuko Yakushimaru

Something a bit more in the modern expressions of Japanese art pop for you.


Last edited by mickilennial on 03/28/2015 19:01; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Gowienczyk wrote:

Radio Onsen Eutopia by Etsuko Yakushimaru

Something a bit more in the modern expressions of Japanese art pop for you.

You've pretty much been my sole source of japanese pop music during plug sessions, so I expected excellence I think I can safely say I got it. Approachably melodic yet unafraid to be quirky and implement varied instrumentation and myriad styles within the course of a single song without it ever feeling forced or unnatural. Really pleasant listen, (though I'm hesitant to use the word "pleasant" seeing as it feels like I'm implying it was nice but pedestrian. Whatever I thought it was pretty great). And for the nth time, thanks Gowi!

OK hm on a whim I'll assign you this:

Prisma Sonoro by Alessandro Alessandroni
  • Quote
Can I give Gowienczyk one? I don't remember giving Gowienczyk one and you get lots from me dividebyzero 🤣
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

Prisma Sonoro by Alessandro Alessandroni


This one felt rather immaculate and passionate with plenty of emotion pulled into the string movements and how smooth the production of the record feels. After a few listens I think I fell in love with the love and care that obviously went into this album. Obviously very Morricone-inspired and in a way that makes it stand out as its own thing rather than a derivative imitation. It’s really great in all of the movements and emotion imbedded into the record. Maybe I’ll get tired of it after repeated listens… but not for some time I wager.

Quote:
dbz


I'll throw a recc here when I can... give a moment.


Slip Beneath The Distant Tree by Eiko Ishibashi + Tatsuya Yoshida

Go ahead and give me a recc, Outlaw.


Last edited by mickilennial on 03/28/2015 19:06; edited 1 time in total

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 737475 ... 197198199  Next
Page 74 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.