What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 730373047305 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Dark Energy by Jlin
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:

Dark Energy by Jlin

Thoughts? I've been spinning it pretty regularly since it dropped. Really strong imo
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
Thoughts? I've been spinning it pretty regularly since it dropped. Really strong imo


Yeah, it's really great. Ghetto house is generally a very abrasive genre, but it's rarely this angry. Interesting percussion too - definitely pushing the genre's tribal drumming parallels to the fore, and also reminiscent of Ramadanman. The cut-up vocals are very Herndon-esque (conveniently, her latest is also on this page), but they feel more human and less art-school aloof. Some pretty gnarly buzz-synths flying around too. Very, very interesting take on the genre. One of the best beat-based electronic albums I've heard this year.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote

Untrue by Burial
  • Quote

(No Pussyfooting) by Fripp & Eno
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote

To Mega Therion by Celtic Frost
  • Quote

Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde by The Pharcyde
  • Quote

Fated by Nosaj Thing

jesus this is uneven. I want more in the vein of Drift ๐Ÿ˜ข
  • Quote

Diamond Rugs by Diamond Rugs
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

Fated by Nosaj Thing

jesus this is uneven. I want more in the vein of Drift :cry:


Agreed. I didn't like it very much ๐Ÿ˜• It felt like a b-side collection.

Listening to this:


Return Of The Sea Monkeys by The Reegs
_________________
Doubles & Conch

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 730373047305 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 7304 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.