Recommendations Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 747576 ... 101102103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
BurningBright wrote:
I'm going to be a little broad here, but can you guys give me the last album that has stunned you? Like, the last album you've heard that has completely amazed you or impressed you, that you've given a high rating to. Thanks.


I'll give you Citizen Zombie by The Pop Group then ๐Ÿ˜„ It was an album released this year and I think it is the best or one of the best I have heard in April
  • Quote
BurningBright wrote:
I'm going to be a little broad here, but can you guys give me the last album that has stunned you? Like, the last album you've heard that has completely amazed you or impressed you, that you've given a high rating to. Thanks.



Coin Coin Chapter Three: River Run Thee by Matana Roberts

and


Sua Majestade, O Rei do Ritmo by Jackson do Pandeiro
  • Quote
BurningBright wrote:
I'm going to be a little broad here, but can you guys give me the last album that has stunned you? Like, the last album you've heard that has completely amazed you or impressed you, that you've given a high rating to. Thanks.



The Ark Work by Liturgy

This seems to be one of those albums you either love or hate, but it really blew me away. The group is known for transcendental black metal. While this doesn't sound like any black metal I've ever heard, the transcendental part is spot on. The tracks are more like meditations than songs.


Last edited by sp4cetiger on 04/25/2015 19:31; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
sp4cetiger wrote:

The Ark Work by Liturgy

This seems to be one of those albums you either love or hate, but it really blew me away. The group is known for transcendental black metal, but this doesn't sound like any black metal I've ever heard. The transcendental part is spot on, though. The tracks are more like meditations than songs.


If it was transcendental you would have had to have transcended somewhere... so unless the place you have transcended to has the internet it means... well... sp4cetiger is not real ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:
If it was transcendental you would have had to have transcended somewhere... so unless the place you have transcended to has the internet it means... well... sp4cetiger is not real :shock:


Q.E.D.
  • Quote
BurningBright wrote:
I'm going to be a little broad here, but can you guys give me the last album that has stunned you? Like, the last album you've heard that has completely amazed you or impressed you, that you've given a high rating to. Thanks.


I've gradually become impressed by a lot of recent finds, but I think the last find that blew me away on first listen was probably Low and Spring Heel Jack's Bombscare EP, which I heard for the first time around this past September. Four tight tracks that perfectly combine the strengths of each contributing group. Low has never been so texturally diverse and rich; Spring Heel Jack has never been as spiritual or emotive. That being said, something is sacrificed in the contribution, as I don't think either group is at their peak here. Still a must-listen.
  • Quote
BurningBright wrote:
I'm going to be a little broad here, but can you guys give me the last album that has stunned you? Like, the last album you've heard that has completely amazed you or impressed you, that you've given a high rating to. Thanks.



Keep You by Pianos Become The Teeth

Only just checked this out like a week ago, but it absolutely floored me. First album in a long time that first listen had me feeling emotional.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
I just heard this album


Ambiq by Max Loderbauer / Claudio Puntin / Samuel Rohrer

And it has this cool weird jazz thing going but also there's a modular synthesizer player for some live electronics. Does anyone know of other stuff like this, weird jazz with live electronics? The only other one I can think of right now is Bird Show Band so if anyone knows anything close to either of those I'd be interested.
  • Quote
secretdad wrote:
I just heard this album


Ambiq by Max Loderbauer / Claudio Puntin / Samuel Rohrer

And it has this cool weird jazz thing going but also there's a modular synthesizer player for some live electronics. Does anyone know of other stuff like this, weird jazz with live electronics? The only other one I can think of right now is Bird Show Band so if anyone knows anything close to either of those I'd be interested.


A recent modular synth + sax album that I really enjoyed is the new one from Robert Lowe and Ariel Kalma. Kalma's sax and tape experiments are cool too. Not sure it's what you're looking for, but worth a try.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
BurningBright wrote:
I'm going to be a little broad here, but can you guys give me the last album that has stunned you? Like, the last album you've heard that has completely amazed you or impressed you, that you've given a high rating to. Thanks.


Kamasi Washington's The Epic.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 747576 ... 101102103  Next
Page 75 of 103


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
New Recommendations Thread RockyRaccoon Music
Recommendations Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Finished My First Top 100 List/Recomm... DJENNY Music Diaries
Jazz Recommendations From The Past Tw... thejoj96 Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.