Am I the only one who doesn't think this at all? Not that I voted for JMan, but I don't have the slightest impression that he's that stupid at all... oh, well, I'm not the greatest psychologist anyway.
I don't think he's dumb either. His posts are sort of like the music of a tone deaf person. He can write complex melodies well enough, but seems to have no sense of what they sound like to other people.
One of my favorite users here and he's one of the more relatable people on here. He probably comes off as mean to a few people, but i haven't really felt that towards me. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Eh, when I joined, Applerill came across mostly just super elitist, IIRC his average rating was like 40 or 50 as compared to his 76 now. He really lowly rated my chart, as I recall. I know the character can sometimes seem much, but I feel like he's come a long way and I can appreciate his eclectic tastes in music at the least.
I think JMan was the only other one on the site who checked out the wonderful metal/math rock band 100 Onces I was plugging, but that was about our only interaction.
JMan was alright for the site but between the "gorilla" thing, the "homoSEXUALS" thing, the "my mom" thing, the "art" thing, the genre confusion, the genre extravaganza confusion, and the general lack of reading/thinking before posting, I don't think he's got my vote.
Eh, when I joined, Applerill came across mostly just super elitist, IIRC his average rating was like 40 or 50 as compared to his 76 now.
Wait, is this where the whole "thinks he's better because he's listened to a lot of albums thing" came from?
If so, then I think it's important to realize that, like Skinny taught me years ago, I rate charts based on their utility to me and the utility. When I give a Beatles/Radiohead/Beatles chart a 25/100, I don't mean anything personal against them. But it simply wouldn't be fair to give them the same rating I'd give DBZ or Squishy, because the charts often don't really have anything special to offer.
To be perfectly honest, there have been times where Applerill has gotten a little obnoxious with his over-exaggerated (and at times, I believe to be, disingenuous) personality, either here or in Skype.
That being said, he's also been pretty entertaining at times, I respect his ability (assuming it's genuine and not an attempt to be "ironic") to see value in music that many people believe to be worthless. He's also recommended me some pretty sweet albums.
JMan, on the other hand, while entertaining at times, polluted the forums with worthless threads that he would get pissy about when others attempted to take the somewhere that would be at least semi-worthwhile. He was stubborn, virtually impossible to deal with at times, and overall a very negative presence on the forums, and with his drastically melodramatic departure from here, it just makes this vote that much easier, and that's to Charlie without hesitation. _________________ Progressive Rock
Admittedly I'm basically never on the skype chat, I've only ever really had positive interactions with Applerill.
This. He's pretty cool, and has a good taste in pop (not sure about Brokencyde though lol) Reading so much criticism about him in this thread was a surprise honestly.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum