Chart talk

Goto page Previous  123 ... 320321322 ... 424425426  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:


Not really sure how I want to approach Nigeria yet, since Fela's discog is massive. may have to keep that one per artist


I'd still put the 2 or 3 major Fela records, or your 2 or 3 fav. There's no denying Fela's weight in African music as we see it - and present this as "In a maze of a discog, I chose those 3 because blahblahblah", like 3 different periods (London Scene, Expensive or Zombie then Army Arrangement or sthg like that) maybe?


Last edited by Norman Bates on 05/19/2015 15:32; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
I'd still put the 2 or 3 major Fela records, or your 2 or 3 fav. There's no denying Fela's weight in African music as we see it - and present as "In a maze of a discog, I chose those 3 because blahblahblah", like 3 different periods (London Scene, Expensive or Zombie then Army Arrangement or sthg like that) maybe?


Absolutely. Makes a lot of sense to do that.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
Been working on culling my decade charts down to one album per artist, here's how the 90's turned out. Not sure how satisfied I am and I'm sure I'll be doing a lot more tinkering.
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1990s by Patman360
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
So I made a classical chart so check that out!
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
My vinyl collection

These are all the things I have on vinyl. My collection just began.
  • Quote
Well, dang. I guess I finally have a new #1 for the first time in three years.
http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=3049

I don't know if I did that good of a job explaining my love for this album, but that's what my dissertation is for. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
Well, dang. I guess I finally have a new #1 for the first time in three years.
http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=3049

I don't know if I did that good of a job explaining my love for this album, but that's what my dissertation is for. 8)


Blown away by that description. Looking forward to listening to this later. Oh, wow, I'm excited to listen to Tori Amos. My head is spinning. I need water.
  • Quote
Well back to updating successfully my decade charts! I just finish my much needed update on my 80s chart!

Top 100 Music Albums of the 1980s by Mercury

^^ there it is! ^^

Now all of you go check it out and rate and comment! Especially you Repo (you're my 80s opinion leader ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
Well back to updating successfully my decade charts! I just finish my much needed update on my 80s chart!

Top 100 Music Albums of the 1980s by Mercury

^^ there it is! ^^

Now all of you go check it out and rate and comment! Especially you Repo (you're my 80s opinion leader ๐Ÿ˜‰ )


It's really, really great. Psyched to check out that Charley Christian album which I've never heard. Everything else is spot on and perfect. Great metal selections especially.

Considering the feel of your chart, I'd put Sign o' the Times number one though. It really should b all about the purple one don't u think?

edit: Put that Charlie Christian album on just now. It's soooooo 80s! LOL> No wonder I didn't know it. Really, really great stuff. Surprised I've never heard of him. I really, really need to work on my jazz. lol.
  • Quote
yo
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 320321322 ... 424425426  Next
Page 321 of 426


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Talk Talk skelter54 Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF2: Talk Talk def. Ha... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] Laughing Stock (Talk Talk) VS Neon Bi... Behrus58 Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF: Talk Talk def. The... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Talk Talk, Music Machine 1966 ffudnebbuh Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.