2015 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 838485 ... 156157158  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Hey, you guys know David Liebe Hart, right?

Christian Hymns And Songs Of Praise by David Liebe Hart

He just released an amazing album called Astronaut, and you guys should all get on it. It really does feel like Ariel Pink hip-hop.

  • Quote
Some odds and end dominating my listening of late, someone might find interest in these.


Le Club by Le Galaxie


Initium::Finis by Lyttet


Heirs by And So I Watch You From Afar


Southlands by Malojian

I was doing some descriptions but I forgot I have to drive somewhere in like 15 minutes and I need to shave first...
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Dang, I was just streaming

In Colour by Jamie xx

And then it had trouble buffering, so I played

Thai Elephant Orchestra by Thai Elephant Orchestra

And I just realized that these these two albums sound amazing mashed up.

But really guys, what do you think of the new Jamie XX?
  • Quote
That Thai Elephant Orchestra album is probably the worst album I'd ever highly recommend. If that makes sense.

Like, it's pretty bad, but everyone should listen to it cause it's by elephants and that makes it kinda cool.

And the new Jamie XX is bangin. Top 10 of the year so far, easily. Just these first 5 months of 2015 have already trumped both 2014 and 2013 respectively imo.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
The new Jamie xx is breathtaking. My AOTY, but Chronicle is extremely close.
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
That Thai Elephant Orchestra album is probably the worst album I'd ever highly recommend. If that makes sense.

Like, it's pretty bad, but everyone should listen to it cause it's by elephants and that makes it kinda cool.


I think I just discovered my new favorite album...
_________________
"Everyone knows the moon's made of cheese."

-Wallace
  • Quote
From my ULL:

RockyRaccoon wrote:

In Plain Speech by Circuit Des Yeux

This is an album that's all about enveloping you and drowning you in itself. It doesn't do that through layers and layers of sound, but rather through the quiet, serene nature of the music it has. Haley Fohr's voice is this low baritone-like thing that feels so warm and thick, and combined with the music that she adds, this album will transport you somewhere. It's a slow burn, but it'll wrap itself around you and it won't let go. It's an album that requires you to stop and listen, it's not going to wow you from the start, but it needs your attention, and it's worth giving. I feel like dbz, Skinny, Norman, mecca, Gowi, just about everybody would like this.

_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Chance The Rapper finally released Surf
_________________
Overall - The 2010's - 2020
  • Quote

Parazoan Mapping by Eric La Casa / Taku Unami

So here's one I missed when it came out in Feburary, but I just had a listen and have put it at my number one spot for the year so far. I'm still a bit new to the Erstwhile records eai/non-music sort of stuff, and a lot of it really hasn't been clicking with me super hard. I started this one up, and thought it would be the same, just lots of buzzes and sporadic clicks, it all just felt like a few non-musical sounds and the hum of recorded silence. But I stuck with it, my engagement with it started to build up, and it really started to do some stuff that doesn't really feel like anything else I've heard. The opening may seem slow, but it really does open up a whole world of relative craziness and if you're into small noises and field recordings you might wanna check this one out.
  • Quote
TannerVHalv wrote:
Chance The Rapper finally released Surf


As excited as I am to listen to it, the way it was released was a bit stupid ๐Ÿคฃ It isn't even available in Canada. I have to wait for an external link to an otherwise free album to pop up somewhere....
_________________
Doubles & Conch

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 838485 ... 156157158  Next
Page 84 of 158


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] 2015 music/albums in review cestuneblague Music
Your Top Albums of 2015 pearljammer13 Music
Top 10 Albums of 2015 Guest Music
Top 10 Tracks of 2015 Revolution909 Music
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 1: Marcus Mi... babyBlueSedan Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.