You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 107108109 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
Okay, we really need to get back to this thread, so you guys ALL need to listen to possibly the greatest spectralist album ever made (sorry Georg):


Giacinto Scelsi: Natura Renovatur by Mร...arie Uitti
(And if you can find the Klangforum Wien version, that would be even more amazing)


Once I'm finished with this ULL thing I'll definitely be more active in this thread, still gotta listen to the one Hayden gave to me.
  • Quote
secretdad wrote:
Hey DBZ I think you might dig this


Rustl by Bellows

alright gonna try and get back in this thread. So this was pretty cool. Some really sinister sounding minimal beep booping that always seemed to dance within the vaguest outline of some kind of structure but never really settle into anything concrete, and it's very unsettling (in a cool way) as a result. Lots of subtle yet unexpected sounds that somehow always seem to go together. I like how shit just kinda starts and stops whenever it feels like it. Cool find ๐Ÿ˜„


ah I love Scelsi. His chamber works are among my favorites ever. Here's something a little different to try Applerill (if you haven't already)

Helmut Lachenmann: String Quartets by Stadler Quartett
  • Quote
berg berg, I mean
Let's get back to this thread..

Secretdad wrote:

So then Antonio, have you heard this?


Stop The Panic by Luke Vibert And BJ Cole


The beggar becomes the bourgeois, and the rich man see his life upside down on the streets. When I saw the cover The last thing I thought is that it would sound how it actually did, I remember not liking the sounds in the beginning but as the album unfolded I remember saying multiple times "Man, these beats... hell yeah". The incredible is that it someway attracts the night in my opinion, it has such an atmospheric sound of an empty street in a middle class neighborhood, but it also has some effects to feel like everybody who pass is some hybrid abomination, and you're just asking yourself how you ended up there, I think you were going back home or anything like that after a long day of work with your dismissal notice, ending up with a cigarette and all your stuff...whoa I just personified too much haha. Before listening to this I found myself not a big fan of this genre (I really don't know what it is, but it is instrumental which is the important part), but after this one I'm kind horizon opened for more things like that, the fun was extreme.

For Dbz:
I had nothing ready to feed your esoteric taste but as I searched for a little bit I found this:

Moondawn by Klaus Schulze
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
For Dbz:
I had nothing ready to feed your esoteric taste but as I searched for a little bit I found this:

Moondawn by Klaus Schulze


ooo lovely! I love Klaus but I've yet to hear this one. I'll get on it real soon. In the mean time, here give this a shot maybe?

It's Your World by Gil Scott-Heron / Brian Jackson
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:


Helmut Lachenmann: String Quartets by Stadler Quartett


This was....interesting. It was definitely fun, but I don't know if I can call it a favorite yet, or even really describe what I just listened to.

DBZ, let's see what you think of the newest posthumous Zappa symphony....


Dance Me This by Frank Zappa
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:

El Valiente by Piรฑata Protest


Hmm, this is an odd one. The mash of punk rock and the whole accordion is interesting and they're making it work... but neither of these styles are rly my thing at all. I can't really think of what to say about it, just really didn't care for it but it's finding it's own spot in the world so that's cool. and it was short.

Applerill have you heard


Dedalus by Dedalus
  • Quote
I haven't done this for months, but I'm looking for recs so I'll get back into it. Whatever the last album I got was was about average IIRC.

Secretdad I just found this and it's really weird and I think of you as being willing to accept the weird and kind of see through it for the talent and ... whatever else this is.


Philosophy Of Miracle by Vitas
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
Alright I finally have (just barely) enough free time to get back into this



Music From The Adventures Of Pete & Pete by Polaris
_________________


Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:

Rocky, what would you think of my newest obsession?

Sparrow Oratorium by Sergey Kuryokhin


This was really cool actually, a neat neo-classical kind of piece. It's easy for this stuff to get boring over time, but this stayed really interesting throughout the whole album, good stuff.

Nacho!

Let's see if you enjoy this:


A Dream Outside by Gengahr
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote

Dedalus by Dedalus

Forgot to talk about this. Listened to it a week ago, and it was really nice. It wasn't as extreme as I was hoping for with the Joyce reference, but the little freak-outs in between were worth it.

Rocky, how about you try

That Was The Year That Was by Tom Lehrer

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 107108109 ... 197198199  Next
Page 108 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.