Musical random chat

Goto page Previous  123 ... 767768769 ... 982983984  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Jammy Jams by Hip Hop Harry

I haven't listened to this in half a decade. The beats here really are amazing, almost like a Kidz Bop Low End Theory, and much better than they have any right to be. Definitely one of the best Australian hip-hop albums I've heard, and it's really a shame that this isn't in the RYM database.
  • Quote
RIP Sean P, one of the greatest rappers ever.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
So I just decided that this is probably the greatest hip hop song ever:


Link


The album is unbelievable too. I've heard The Diary and The Fix - does anyone have any suggestions of other great Scarface albums? Those are the only two in the site's top 35,000.
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
babyBlueSedan wrote:
I've heard The Diary and The Fix - does anyone have any suggestions of other great Scarface albums?


I'd check out The Untouchable, The Last of a Dying Breed, and Mr. Scarface is Back, in that order.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
NEW JOANNA NEWSOM IN OCTOBER ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜


Link


The album is called 'Divers', here's the tracklist:

01 Anecdotes
02 Sapokanikan
03 Leaving the City
04 Goose Eggs
05 Waltz of the 101st Lightborne
06 The Things I Say
07 Divers
08 Same Old Man
09 You Will Not Take My Heart Alive
10 A Pin-Light Bent
11 Time, As a Symptom

Drag City details/ pre-order: http://www.dragcity.com/products/divers
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:


Link



I've never seen a Joanna music video before, so maybe they're all like this. But I giggled at how she no longer even pretends that the fantasy world in her songs is inseparable from her gentrified Williamsberg lifestyle. Joanna's great, but this is why I've always prefered Iva Bittova when it came to postmodern avant-folk; her worlds seemed to have no connection whatsoever to the Urban Outfitters aesthetic.

In any case, I'm really excited for this next release. Maybe it's even her going pop ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
this song is so fucking good omg, and it's like, fun!!!! what a treat to wake up to (: and thanks hayden for letting us all know (:
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
I've never seen a Joanna music video before, so maybe they're all like this. But I giggled at how she no longer even pretends that the fantasy world in her songs is inseparable from her gentrified Williamsberg lifestyle. Joanna's great, but this is why I've always prefered Iva Bittova when it came to postmodern avant-folk; her worlds seemed to have no connection whatsoever to the Urban Outfitters aesthetic.


What in the hell are you talking about? Have you ever been to Williamsburg? This video appears to be entirely shot in Lower Manhattan. I'm pretty sure she lives in Hollywood, and was born in California. Is Joanna guilty of being a rich, pretty white girl? Is that what you're saying? I'm not sure what this has to do with gentrification. Or was this this just your way of enabling yourself to reference Iva Bittova in order to sound educated.

In addition, Iva Bittova currently lives in Rhinebeck, NY. A wealthy neighborhood not far from where I grew up. A village that is 95% white. It's a village nice enough to have held the Chelsea Clinton wedding even.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
Applerill wrote:
I've never seen a Joanna music video before, so maybe they're all like this. But I giggled at how she no longer even pretends that the fantasy world in her songs is inseparable from her gentrified Williamsberg lifestyle. Joanna's great, but this is why I've always prefered Iva Bittova when it came to postmodern avant-folk; her worlds seemed to have no connection whatsoever to the Urban Outfitters aesthetic.


What in the hell are you talking about? Have you ever been to Williamsburg? This video appears to be entirely shot in Lower Manhattan. I'm pretty sure she lives in Hollywood, and was born in California. Is Joanna guilty of being a rich, pretty white girl? Is that what you're saying? I'm not sure what this has to do with gentrification. Or was this this just your way of enabling yourself to reference Iva Bittova in order to sound educated.

In addition, Iva Bittova currently lives in Rhinebeck, NY. A wealthy neighborhood not far from where I grew up. A village that is 95% white. It's a village nice enough to have held the Chelsea Clinton wedding even.


Sawwwyyy. It was just a joke about her fanbase, I promise. I personally wish Ys felt as experimental to me as everyone else claims it to be, but I really will not deny that Joanna's body of work is amazing, and that she deserves all the success she's had. I'm really sorry if my joke seemed offensive.
(Though you guys really should check out Bile Inferno: It's everything people say Ys is and more)
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
Or was this this just your way of enabling yourself to reference Iva Bittova in order to sound educated.

Well I mean it's Charlie we're talking about.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 767768769 ... 982983984  Next
Page 768 of 984


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky the Random Chat and the "... Guest Suggestions
Random chat HigherThanTheSun Lounge
Let's just have a random video game chat Guest Lounge
Reviews or Chat? Jabapac Suggestions
General Film Chat mickilennial Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.