You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 114115116 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:
^ You have Joan Jett on your chart, have you heard

The Runaways by The Runaways
If not, that's my rec for you. 😜 its fun as hell. she is on guitar, not singing, but Cherie Currie is amazing too.
Here is my very detailed review on this pressing matter.
Just what I expected, it kicks ass. Why did I wait so long to listen to this? Really though, I waited so long to give this a listen and I regret that. This was a blast to go through. Thank you!

Amok by Atoms For Peace
  • Quote
nachosbob wrote:



Summer Kling by F.S. Blumm


Really chill, relaxed guitar stuff, I really liked it, thanks!


For IForgotWhat8Was4:

Since you seem to be into QOTSA and stoner rock and stuff, I'm surprised you haven't rated this/it's not on any charts. Have you heard it?


Blues For The Red Sun by Kyuss

If you have, I'll send you something else
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
@dbz


The 80 Minute Râga by Ali Akbar Khan

absolutely incredible. Been interested in Hindustani Classical Music (including some of Khan's work) for awhile now, but this matches almost anything else I've heard while sounding entirely unique from any of it. Almost seems like some fusion between Hindustani and modal jazz, like if Sundaram Balachander swapped his Veena for a Sarod and studied jazz for years. Really really great thanks Skinny.

ROCKY here catch

Roger Sessions: Symphony No. 4; Symphon... Orchestra
  • Quote
IForgotWhat8Was4 wrote:
BrandonMiaow wrote:
^ You have Joan Jett on your chart, have you heard

The Runaways by The Runaways
If not, that's my rec for you. 😜 its fun as hell. she is on guitar, not singing, but Cherie Currie is amazing too.
Here is my very detailed review on this pressing matter.
Just what I expected, it kicks ass. Why did I wait so long to listen to this? Really though, I waited so long to give this a listen and I regret that. This was a blast to go through. Thank you!

Amok by Atoms For Peace


this was better than I expected. Very relaxing. Thom's voice is and always will be angelic and it can kind of carry whatever song he is singing on. Not to say the music isn't good too, it is. Not something I'll listen to a whole bunch, I don't think, it can be boring if you're not in the right mood. To some extent there isn't really a lot going on - not a lot of tension or drama or anything. Not very dynamic, I would say. But I think Ingenue is up there with the best Radiohead songs, at least.

this is for you DBZ: http://massdeadening.bandcamp.com/album/dead-i-will-not-be-forgotten
  • Quote
That was great Brandon! Many thanks 🥰 wrote about it in my diary

here I've got one for you

Fourfold Remedy by Velocette
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

ROCKY here catch

Roger Sessions: Symphony No. 4; Symphon... Orchestra


This was actually wonderful, it really was. I think Symphony No. 4 was my favorite, but the whole thing was awesome, equal parts intense and beautiful, thanks!

Back atcha (if you haven't heard it):


Allas Sak by Dungen
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
dividesbyzero wrote:

ROCKY here catch

Roger Sessions: Symphony No. 4; Symphon... Orchestra


This was actually wonderful, it really was. I think Symphony No. 4 was my favorite, but the whole thing was awesome, equal parts intense and beautiful, thanks!

Back atcha (if you haven't heard it):


Allas Sak by Dungen

Really glad you liked the Sessions pieces! 😁 Yeah Roger Sessions is one of my favorite American composers atm; he's mastered a very meticulous kind of madness. I want there to be a demo recording of one of his works so it can be called The Sessions Sessions


I'll spin Dungen sometime tonight probably
  • Quote
gerhard wrote:

Yakar by Amadou Diagne


Liked this one a decent amount, though it's a bit of a scene I have only a minimal understanding of; suppose that's a good reason to explore it more wholeheartedly and with interest. I don't have a lot of words about it as it was a bit ago (I forgot entirely about this thread for the moment) and all I remember was surface enjoyment.

Quote:
rocky



Condition Hüman by Queensrÿche
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:

Quote:
rocky



Condition Hüman by Queensrÿche


Good stuff! I wrote about it in my music diary:

Quote:
Good for Queensrÿche, I'm happy to hear this. It would be so easy for a band like them to just fade into obscurity, or for them to just pump out cheap versions of their earlier music, but they didn't. They made something of good quality. Now, it sounds very Queensrÿche-like, it's nothing groundbreaking or anything, but I'm not expecting that from them. I'm expecting a good quality prog(ish) metal album and that's what I got. And big props to Todd La Torre, his performance is excellent on this album (and it's amazing how much he sounds like Geoff Tate). And of course, Michael Wilton kills it on guitar cause that's what he does.


For Gowi:


Slaves Beyond Death by Black Breath
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:

Slaves Beyond Death by Black Breath


A sufficient release but not the most exciting thing in the “death n’ roll” canon, though it is a genre I have barely touched the surface of. The crust punk overtones are a nice touch, but I feel that the record is a bit too plodding and poorly paced at times with predictable (and overdone) melodic death metal sequences. That said, there is nothing wrong with generic standards; and I feel like this is a good release despite my admittedly minimal issues with it. That said, it’s not too interesting or exciting which are two things death metal really needs to be at this point to be worth hanging on to. I’m glad I listened to it and it was enjoyable, but it feels like it needs more.

I guess I’d place this in my “notable/honorary mentions” at end year, probably at the bottom end.

Quote:
rocky



Sgùrr by Thy Catafalque

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 114115116 ... 197198199  Next
Page 115 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.