Recommendations Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 939495 ... 101102103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
looking for noise recs



Mectpyo Blut by Maurizio Bianchi^


Modern Jester by Aaron Dilloway


The Shape Of Rock To Come by Lasse Marhaug
  • Quote
Thanks guys will check those out. Have heard bits and pieces of that Aaron Dilloway album before so I think I'll start with that
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
Thanks guys will check those out. Have heard bits and pieces of that Aaron Dilloway album before so I think I'll start with that


I also has a chart.
  • Quote
MrFrogger wrote:
I've been getting back into 00's Post Hardcore recently, the 2 biggest bands bands being At The Drive-In and Hot Snakes, does anyone have any favorites in the genre that they'd think I'd enjoy? Note: Do not recommend me La Dispute


Well now I need to check out Hot Snakes since I'm not sure I've ever heard of them, but here's some you might like (note that I'm judging this purely by I remember you liked Pianos, now At The Drive In, and you don't like La Dispute, so I may be way off on some of these):


City Of Caterpillar by City Of Caterpillar

Screaming heavy post-hardcore


Black Eyes by Black Eyes

If you know the old post-hardcore band No Trend, these guys were massively inspired by them. Lots of jazz and math rock elements here.


Casually Dressed & Deep In Conversation by Funeral For A Friend

Cheesy but good


Deja Entendu by Brand New

Cheesy but great


Bayside by Bayside

Pop punk-y post-hardcore


Crisis by Alexisonfire

Overrated as a whole but still pretty good


Fine Line by The Paper Sons

Totally forgotten, cool little post hardcore EP


I Was Trying To Describe You To Someone by Crime In Stereo

It's 2010 but whatever, one of the best of the genre ever
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
noise recs



Prospective Massacre by Government Alpha


Symptomatic Harbinger by T.E.F.


Liberal Cunt by Pogrom


Wolfman by Robert Ashley
  • Quote
MrFrogger wrote:
I've been getting back into 00's Post Hardcore recently, the 2 biggest bands bands being At The Drive-In and Hot Snakes, does anyone have any favorites in the genre that they'd think I'd enjoy? Note: Do not recommend me La Dispute


Light the Fuse and Run - All Your Base Are Belong to Us
Hot Cross - Risk Revival
Bitch Magnet - Umber
Lisabรถ - Ezlekuak

/maybe
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
Screaming heavy post-hardcore


Black Eyes by Black Eyes


Oh hey I thought about saying this but I don't know the genre well enough to toss out recommendations, but I'll definitely second it. The follow up to this, Cough, is really cool too, there's like a klezmer element to it.
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
Well now I need to check out Hot Snakes since I'm not sure I've ever heard of them, but here's some you might like (note that I'm judging this purely by I remember you liked Pianos, now At The Drive In, and you don't like La Dispute, so I may be way off on some of these):

Thanks Ben (and Gowi and as well). Hot Snakes is the 2 frontmen of Drive Like Jehu backed by an even better rhythm section. It's great shit. The only one of those albums I know is Deja Entendu, which isn't really what i'm looking for, but I'll check those others out.

And it's not that I don't like La Dispute, it's just that i'm not really looking for that story driven Emo Post-hardcore, I'm looking for the more fast paced aggressive stuff like the 2 bands I mentioned.
  • Quote
MrFrogger wrote:
Thanks Ben (and Gowi and as well). Hot Snakes is the 2 frontmen of Drive Like Jehu backed by an even better rhythm section. It's great shit. The only one of those albums I know is Deja Entendu, which isn't really what i'm looking for, but I'll check those others out.

And it's not that I don't like La Dispute, it's just that i'm not really looking for that story driven Emo Post-hardcore, I'm looking for the more fast paced aggressive stuff like the 2 bands I mentioned.


The only reason I didn't recc any screamo (which came out of post-hardcore scene as well) is I wasn't sure what you were looking for so I had to find stuff that might work. But I don't know considering how un-unified post-hardcore is. Though older La Dispute is a bit more "fast-paced" than recent.
  • Quote
Looking for punk recommendations. It's a genre I've been completely lacking. (In other words, I have hardly any punk listens, so hit me up with your favorites)
_________________
...and for dessert!


Last edited by Anti on 11/20/2015 02:06; edited 1 time in total

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 939495 ... 101102103  Next
Page 94 of 103


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
New Recommendations Thread RockyRaccoon Music
Recommendations Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Recommendations sticky? DarkSideOfTheComputer Suggestions
Finished My First Top 100 List/Recomm... DJENNY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.