The Hip-Hop Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 383940
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
oh no it's great, fantastic really, as are several others of his I enjoy, it's more that none resonate with me as a cohesive whole in the same way or to the same extent as my all-time favorite hip-hop albums, even if the choice songs are forever among my favorites


I largely agree with you (whilst I love All Eyez on Me and particularly Me Against the World, they feel like collections of great songs as opposed to great albums), but I think The Don Killuminati feels like a concise, consistent, cohesive whole. Gonna make a hip-hop chart at some point in the next week, and that one's gonna be Top 20, if not higher. Been absolutely rinsing it lately.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Outkast - Aquemini (1998) is a space melodic harmonious rap.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I largely agree with you (whilst I love All Eyez on Me and particularly Me Against the World, they feel like collections of great songs as opposed to great albums), but I think The Don Killuminati feels like a concise, consistent, cohesive whole. Gonna make a hip-hop chart at some point in the next week, and that one's gonna be Top 20, if not higher. Been absolutely rinsing it lately.


It's definitely more of a concise statement than All Eyez or MATW, and is more consisted, it still strikes me as front-loaded and weirdly paced (Just like Daddy right after Life of an Outlaw feels awkward as fuck to my ears). I don't know. I'm the problem. Well either me or Suge who I'm given to understand fucked with the thing quite a bit, though I'm not sure how much of a difference that really made. Regardless it's great, but I still can't get over the "collection of songs/not album" vibe.

Mad excited for your hip-hop chart in any case
  • Quote
Apparently i cant send links cause im not level 2 yet, so im just gonna let you guys youtube it.

Intel agents - Blackout
  • Quote
Don't sleep.

https://yu360.bandcamp.com/album/the-earn

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 383940
Page 40 of 40


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
The Hip-Hop Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Hip Hop Appreciation Thread Chemical Smile Music
Upcoming Hip Hop Albums 2016 Lachapelle Music
I need a hip-hop album that'll totall... tonagamu Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.