Swede, Crackle 'n' Pop!

Goto page Previous  123 ... 678, 91011  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Satie wrote:
I don't know how appropriate it is to refer to gamelan singing as "tribal," seeing as the music is a formal music and has always been created in much the same way that Western formal music has - supported by large, centralized institutions in developed societies.


Mm hmm, I was aware that it's orchestrated classical music but I guess I meant more in its execution - though I guess this is where it becomes inappropriate. Bad phrasing on my part
_________________
  • Quote
2nd February, 2016

And 'ere begins the traditional folk journey


Avenging And Bright by Charles Guard

Really pretty solo instrumental harps from the Isle of Man, lovely wholesome and heartwarming


Mary O'Hara's Scotland by Mary O'Hara

Angelic Irish lass singing songs of Scotland. My critiquing skills doesn't extend beyond being able to say something is pretty because I suck at formulating my opinions, so hey here's another pretty album


Le Mystรจre Des Voix Bulgares: Volume 1 by Le Mystรจre Des Voix Bulgares

*insert words to explain the beauty of this album*


Tada, Soredake. by Charan-Po-Rantan & Cancan Balkan

Bounce bounce bounce bounce. Really energetic, fun Balkan folk sung in Japanese almost made to make me squeal
_________________
  • Quote
7th February, 2016


Allo Darlin' by Allo Darlin'

New #1 because I'm a wee sentimental shit


Secret Mix by GFOTY

More exhilarating with every listen. Second part and the last minute always kill me. Oh and the "ilikeyoursmile" bit is pure death


Get Olde by Crying

Something something something I've listened to this a lot and put it on my diary a lot don't you get it lol I like Crying haahahahahahaha omg it's 1:30 and I'm up in like 5 hours and I can't sleep but this cures me. Heart go boom boom chippy power pop creates the big big swoons


Betti-Cola by Cub

listening to this life is actually kinda good me and a friend are chatting absolute shit on facebook with the knowledge we're delirious as shit and up in 5 hours I dunno am I actually happy I like this
_________________
  • Quote
10th February, 2016


Link


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ~~~~~~fucking ~@@Rยฃ@R@~~~~~~ energetic fun fucking pop essentially the melodies are to die for and everything is just perfect how did i ever forget i liked green day
_________________
  • Quote
12th February, 2016


PICOLONY NAUTS 00 by ใƒใƒคใƒƒใƒใ‚ช

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
_________________
  • Quote

Link


I love denpa.
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
I love denpa.


same
_________________
  • Quote
15th February, 2016


โŠฟ [Triangle] by Perfume


Beautiful by MEG


Moshi Moshi Harajuku by ใใ‚ƒใ‚Šใƒผใฑใฟใ‚…ใฑใฟใ‚… [Kyary Pamyu Pamyu]

j-pop sweetness
_________________
  • Quote
18th February, 2016


Art Angels by Grimes

<3
_________________
  • Quote
20th February, 2016 (or 21st or SOMETHING i don't know i've had a nap in 36 hours and nothing else the days are blending)

yesterday:


Automatic Writing by Robert Ashley [relisten]

i've said enough about this i think. a beautiful delicate piece that gives me shivers.


Picnic Land by Picky Picnic [relisten]

had been nearly a year since my first listen so a relisten was due. oddball goodness. conjures images of the wackiest surrealist aspects of life. could easily soundtrack Hausu.

today or whatever:


All Hail West Texas by The Mountain Goats [relisten]

another album i loved way overdue for another listen. darnielle sings of the loveliest situations and his knack for storytelling is really something impeccable. you can feel the places he sings of and the people he meets and you know exactly what they're like. paints wonderful pictures.


The Legendary Chinese Hits by Zhou Xuan

going to listen to this volume by volume. listened to the first volume tonight - absolutely magical, gorgeous compositions. her voice is angelic.


Music For Church Cleaners by รine O'Dwyer

beautiful atmospheres. i wish i was a church cleaner

(also lol that bit where a church worker tells her to quiet down if she's going to play just one note xD)


Kaizo He No Yakudo by ใ‚ฒใƒซใƒ‹ใ‚ซ [Guernica] [relisten]

gr8gr8gr8
_________________

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 678, 91011  Next
Page 7 of 11


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
A.A.O.T.D. #22: Not Drowning, Waving'... videoheadcleaner Music
questions on genres (pop punk, jangle... DarkSideOfTheComputer Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R2: Iggy Pop def. Psyc... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Genre Extravaganza: Indie Pop SuedeSwede Music
Great Pop RFNAPLES Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.