2016 Albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 141516 ... 868788  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
This album has officially been out for weeks. no real need for a leak. also it's pretty dull, especially in comparison to Fiery Furnaces


Oh, woops ๐Ÿซข For some reason I thought it was coming out later this month.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
New Frightened Rabbit announced, out in April. The first track they've released off of it actually sounds really good, and I haven't been a huge fan since "Midnight Organ Fight".

Also, they clearly named it "Portrait of a Panic Attack" after finding out I'd already taken "Soundtrack to an Anxiety Attack" ๐Ÿ˜‰
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
This album has officially been out for weeks. no real need for a leak. also it's pretty dull, especially in comparison to Fiery Furnaces


Her weakest solo album, too.
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
Her weakest solo album, too.


agreed
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
With that said, I do really quite like "Never Is a Long Time" off the record and some of the other tracks are fairly solid despite being a bit 'by the numbers'. Worth a listen or two.
  • Quote

Trotro by DJ Katapila

This comes out tomorrow. Detroit Techno meets Ghana Hiplife meets acid trip featuring singing squirrels. It's a weird one. I've listened to it a bunch since getting an advance copy in December. I still have no idea how I feel about it. It's certainly worth a listen though.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
Detroit Techno meets Ghana Hiplife meets acid trip featuring singing squirrels.



Also does anyone have a link to the new Graveland / Nokturnal Mortum collab release? Supposedly it came out a few days ago but I can't find it anywhere
  • Quote
Brood Ma (Tri-Angle Records) & Venetian Snares albums both up on Spotify. both worth listening.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
I'll second that, especially that Brood Ma, I think a lot of folks would dig that one.

Kassel Jaeger / Stephan Mathieu / Akira Rabelais - Zauberberg is also on spotify now and it is really spectacular. It's inspired by a book i never read but they take bits of music that the main character listened to and field recordings from where it was supposed to take place and other things and it's so gorgeous. Very highly recommended.
  • Quote
Curious, what are people's favorite tracks of 2016 so far? Maybe it's just me but I feel like this year so far there's been a curiously substantial influx of albums that are generally meh but with a one or two absolutely killer tracks tucked away

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 141516 ... 868788  Next
Page 15 of 88


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Most anticipated albums of (early) 2016 alexgagne Music
Cannot Add 2016 Albums Kamens Suggestions
[ Poll ] End of Year recap: 2016 Albums/releas... cestuneblague Music
Upcoming Hip Hop Albums 2016 Lachapelle Music
2016 BEAMA Nominations (do you wanna ... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.