2016 Albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 626364 ... 868788  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
In terms of metal, check out Pyr by Ghold. My chart has some other stuff you might be vaguely interested, descriptions are there though so I won't bother listing them here.


Been meaning to listen to 01.01.16 and that Stein Urheim record. Will definitely check out Pyr too.
  • Quote

0 Emissions 2 by Zeroh

ok so this is one of the best hip-hop (and otherwise) albums I've heard all year and is highly recommend to fans of super offbeat lyricism atop glitched-out beats riddled with unexpected sample sources. And I promise I love it not just because of the presence of this beat here (and the sublime sampling contained therein)
  • Quote
Zomby/Burial collab forthcoming holy shit


also I am beyond hyped for new Angel Olsen. AUG 19 BABY
  • Quote

Sonnyjim - Mud in My Malbec (2016)

Rapper from Birmingham - where I'm from; woooooh #localpride - on The Purist's Daupe label (The Purist has provided some excellent, Alchemist-esque boom-bap beats for the likes of Roc Marciano and Westside Gunn). His flow, and his allusions to a lavish lifestyle of fine food and good weed, have a definite whiff of the Action Bronsons, but he manages to maintain a British feel with his laidback, almost stiff upper lip delivery and multitude of localised references/turns of phrase. He's also, crucially, got a slew of killer lines in tow, and his deceptively complex rhyme schemes and vivid, often laugh-out-loud funny imagery makes for an endlessly entertaining concoction. Needless to say, given that most of it is handled by The Purist himself, the production is incredible. Very highly recommended.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
BLANK FACE ///// SCHOOLBOY Q
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:

Sonnyjim - Mud in My Malbec (2016)

Rapper from Birmingham - where I'm from; woooooh #localpride - on The Purist's Daupe label (The Purist has provided some excellent, Alchemist-esque boom-bap beats for the likes of Roc Marciano and Westside Gunn). His flow, and his allusions to a lavish lifestyle of fine food and good weed, have a definite whiff of the Action Bronsons, but he manages to maintain a British feel with his laidback, almost stiff upper lip delivery and multitude of localised references/turns of phrase. He's also, crucially, got a slew of killer lines in tow, and his deceptively complex rhyme schemes and vivid, often laugh-out-loud funny imagery makes for an endlessly entertaining concoction. Needless to say, given that most of it is handled by The Purist himself, the production is incredible. Very highly recommended.


Honestly though I cannot reccomend this highly enough.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote

Pagan by Palmistry

easily my album of the year, alternative r&b that's influenced by dancehall and minimalist uk bass
  • Quote
This new Q is a fucking problem. That Jada verse... ouch. Serious AOTY contender.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote

Multiple Songs (Connecticut, C. 1993) by NickVolos

give this a listen: https://nickvolos.bandcamp.com/releases

would be interested to hear what BEA users think.

send me a PM if you want a free download code.

cheers,
Nick
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote

Paradise Gallows by Inter Arma

New AOTY for me.

This is metal that has the crushing weight of bands like Swans or Neurosis. Trey Dalton and Steven Russell are absolute masters on guitar, I had to actually stop what I was doing as "Potomac" ended, I was stunned, I don't remember the last time a piece of music affected me like that. This is one of the greatest metal albums I've ever listened to, a holistic, visceral work that radiates equal parts beauty and ferocity.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 626364 ... 868788  Next
Page 63 of 88


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Upcoming Hip Hop Albums 2016 Lachapelle Music
Most anticipated albums of (early) 2016 alexgagne Music
Cannot Add 2016 Albums Kamens Suggestions
[ Poll ] End of Year recap: 2016 Albums/releas... cestuneblague Music
[ Poll ] BYHH GW3: Group D - 2006 vs. 2016 Skinny Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.