You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 122123124 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
(Rocky you're supposed to be giving one to Charlie)


He didn't recommend an album. IIRC I'm supposed to recommend something to the last person to leave an album
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

and now Seth it goes back to you, so here I give you:

By The Throat by Eyedea & Abilities


Thanks for getting the thread back on track: ๐Ÿซข ๐Ÿซข ๐Ÿซข

I unfortunately don't know if I'm giving Rocky, Applerill, or you a rec though (yes I'm a dumbass).

This was fantastic at first. It either needs to grow on me or I tired from it quickly, like a really hot lover and then you get to know them...

Anyway, for me it was like U2 became cool, ditched Bono, and got a rapping vocalist instead. Almost like U2 and Beastie Boys' love child. haha. After a while vocals started reminding me of of 21 Pilots and was a bit of a turn off.

I do like more bombastic (rhythms), yet ambient (melodies) music like this though. Probably first good new listen in a while. ABSOLUTELY loved the fuzz bass.

I think if the vocalist was a bit more dynamic in both tone and dynamics... then it'd be gold (for a first listen).

Junk, Hey Fever, and Smile were maybe my favs... not sure with the whole first listen aspect.

I'm not sure who to give this too... but:


Original Soundtracks 1 by Passengers
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
He didn't recommend an album. IIRC I'm supposed to recommend something to the last person to leave an album

oh for a sec I thought he was using the album he rec'd me in Skype as his album for this. Yeah ok ignore me. Seth that means that your album goes to Rocky and whoever posts next goes to you.

Lol let's try not to muddle it up that bad again.

will get on your album soon Rocky
  • Quote
Ohh, sorry about that, Everyone. I actually was referring to the album I recced on Skype, but now that I finally added it to BEA (for almost everything I can rec him is absent), I can put in the link ๐Ÿ˜‰

Naon Margina by Itoh Masyitoh

(Fuck, this doesn't mean I need to listen to a U2 album, does it? In any case, I'll add it to the queue and listen when I can. At least I can say I'll probably appreciate it more than Gabe)
  • Quote
So that we're clear and back on track, the next album recommendation will be going to Charlie
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:

(Fuck, this doesn't mean I need to listen to a U2 album, does it?


Haha no, the Passengers album is for me. Whoever posts next will recommend an album for you
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
sethmadsen wrote:


Original Soundtracks 1 by Passengers


I should preface this by saying that I'm a U2 fan.

I like this album, but honestly, it gets a little self-indulgent. I love Brian Eno, and I do like U2, but this was just a time when U2 was kind of experimenting with a lot of different things, and they started to get really involved in themselves. I'm all for experimentation, but there's a line between interesting experimentation, and complete self-indulgence, and this album kind of balances on that line.

Overall, not a bad album at all, it's definitely interesting.


For Charlie:


The Triad by Pantha Du Prince
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
sethmadsen wrote:
If you want, this album is all yours:


Designing A Nervous Breakdown by The Anniversary


This reminds me of the music that played in earlier burnout (Videogame series) games, pretty intense and fun. I quite liked it, but after the first songs it get a little samey, and the synth didn't help a lot, I felt it was off in some songs, and can't remember liking it in the last songs. The singles are pretty great to be honest, and the first song is amazing, shame the whole album road can't hold to it. In the end it's not bad, I would have a good time with this album if it was included in a race gaming (dammit this album really is made for videogame), in three years ago it would probably be ranked really high in my top 100.

Time for your rec Mr. Raccoon (or Apple?)

Public Strain by Women
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
Ohh, sorry about that, Everyone. I actually was referring to the album I recced on Skype, but now that I finally added it to BEA (for almost everything I can rec him is absent), I can put in the link ๐Ÿ˜‰

Naon Margina by Itoh Masyitoh

(Fuck, this doesn't mean I need to listen to a U2 album, does it? In any case, I'll add it to the queue and listen when I can. At least I can say I'll probably appreciate it more than Gabe)


Hehe... I guess I grew up in the wrong family. U2 aren't that bad are they?

I think the rules say I get to review your suggestion, so that will go here (worked 13 hours today... so I'll have to get to it later):

Also I'm only finding this and the album on this site doesn't have tracks listed to see if it really just is this 8 minute thing or what...


Link


Also... it's 8 minutes... so totally just listened to it (I can't help myself).

And I guess just PM me cause this thread doesn't do well with conversation, per se.

I LOVED the instrumentation, but the vocals... I couldn't tell if the production/recording of them was compressed/distorted badly or if that was on purpose... regardless, they didn't set well with me (and not because it isn't English or whatever, just the quality of the vocals weren't the best).

Also learned about Jaipongan which I had never heard of before. Although to me it sounded pretty traditional, I guess it was a dance music in Indonesia in the 60s, but has since declined.

For the next soul to mock my taste (totally kidding):

The Carnival by Wyclef Jean
  • Quote
I'm usually really good at keeping track of this thread and even I'm have trouble following who gets what now jesus... though Seth I think at the very least I still get that Itoh Masyitoh album so you're in the clear for that

edit: reading over this I think Rocky should've given you that one instead of Charlie?

ok how about this

I will edit in stuff for Charlie and Rocky's recs for me HERE

and in the mean time I will give Seth this

Cartola (1976) by Cartola

Seth's one will go to Antonio

and the next one will go to me, and we should be back on track now?

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 122123124 ... 197198199  Next
Page 123 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.