Recommendations Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 100, 101102103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
kickerofelves wrote:
Not sure if it constitutes 'Dark Jazz'

it definitely does, and I second this rec. Though I personally prefer

Black Earth by Bohren & Der Club Of Gore
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
it definitely does, and I second this rec. Though I personally prefer

Black Earth by Bohren & Der Club Of Gore


Man, Sunset Mission could really do with a reprint. It's going for crazy money at the moment ...
  • Quote
I've been really craving some atmospheric folk, if that's even a thing. Any recs?

I have no preference as to how obscure the album may be.
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
Anti wrote:
I've been really craving some atmospheric folk, if that's even a thing. Any recs?

I have no preference as to how obscure the album may be.


Not sure if these are the thing you are after. Both great and atmospheric I'd say. First is minimal and Espers is psychy

The Hind Wheels Of Bad Luck by Cath & Phil Tyler

Espers II by Espers
  • Quote
Graeme2 wrote:
Anti wrote:
I've been really craving some atmospheric folk, if that's even a thing. Any recs?

I have no preference as to how obscure the album may be.


Not sure if these are the thing you are after. Both great and atmospheric I'd say. First is minimal and Espers is psychy

The Hind Wheels Of Bad Luck by Cath & Phil Tyler

Espers II by Espers


Oh shoot, these look delightful, actually. Thank you!
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
Anyone wanna recommend some albums that create a hazy mood? Not looking for a specific genre, I'm open to it all.
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
Anti wrote:
Anyone wanna recommend some albums that create a hazy mood? Not looking for a specific genre, I'm open to it all.


I'd say :
The Cure : Seventeen Seconds
Cocteau Twins : Heaven or Las Vegas
Mercury Rev: Deserter's Songs
Spiritualized : Ladies and Gentlemen, We're Floating in Space
My Bloody Valentine: MBV
Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here
Peter Gabriel : So
Robert Wyatt : Rock Bottom
Air : Pocket Symphony
Mahler : 5th Symphony
  • Quote
Yann wrote:
I'd say :
The Cure : Seventeen Seconds
Cocteau Twins : Heaven or Las Vegas
Mercury Rev: Deserter's Songs
Spiritualized : Ladies and Gentlemen, We're Floating in Space
My Bloody Valentine: MBV
Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here
Peter Gabriel : So
Robert Wyatt : Rock Bottom
Air : Pocket Symphony
Mahler : 5th Symphony


Nice! Also:
Yo la Tengo: And then nothing turned itself inside out
Beach House: Thank your lucky stars (though all their albums sound pretty similar)
M. Ward: Hold Time
  • Quote
Anti wrote:
Anyone wanna recommend some albums that create a hazy mood? Not looking for a specific genre, I'm open to it all.


The above recommendations are great.

I'd like to add:

Soon It Will Be Cold Enough - Emancipator
Penthouse - Luna
Departures - Message to Bears
Meddle - Pink Floyd
Substrata - Biosphere
AT.LONG.LAST.A$AP- A$ap Rocky
II - Follakzoid
AMSP - Radiohead (I'm sure you've heard it by now)
  • Quote
Thank you all for the responses. I have heard some of the albums you've all recommended, but there are still a lot of great recommendations I can't wait to check out!
_________________
...and for dessert!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 100, 101102103  Next
Page 101 of 103


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
New Recommendations Thread RockyRaccoon Music
Recommendations Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Funk album recommendations? Revolution909 Music
Most unfamiliar with 87, 88 and 89. R... ExTeaSea Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.