Album of the day (#2200): Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I vastly prefer this to Closer. While still a very good album, Closer is too ensconsed in its own despair and it takes a brave heart to listen to it regularly. Unknown Pleasures proves that Joy Division and Curtis were not all about despair - and yes, rocked. Check this out for further delving into Joy Division as grat rockin' band:


Les Bains Douches 18 December 1979 by Joy Division
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
"Disorder" is another song I absolutely love to hear at a party.

Ha!
I mean, I love to sing those opening beats of disorder in the shower like...ta da da ta da da ta da da....and then dug dug dug dugdugdug...and then the bass goes....dan dand and dan dan, dun dun dun dun, dan dan dan, and then I low-pitch my voice and then sing like Ian Curtis, and then I realize I'm singing disorder at 5:50 in the morning. Had a great time btw
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
murmur wrote:
most overwrought atmosphere ever.


o·ver·wrought
ˌōvəˈrôt/
adjective
1.
in a state of nervous excitement or anxiety.

I know it's not the definition you probably meant, but this sums up some of the moments really well.

Also, I think Unknown Pleasures is more full of life and energy than Closer, for probably obvious reasons, but that's the big difference for me between them. Unknown Pleasures feels like a fire starting to burn too bright, Closer feels like the smoldering ash, and there's value in each.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] Unknown Pleasures Vs. Closer Hayden Music
Disney's Unknown Pleasures mooseboy101 Music
[ Poll ] ENDED Unknown Pleasures Vs. In The Ae... Hayden Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.