Led Zeppelin

Goto page Previous  123456
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Who's your favorite band member of Led Zeppelin?
Jimmy Page:
56%
 56%  [26]
John Paul Jones:
10%
 10%  [5]
John Bonham:
19%
 19%  [9]
Robert Plant:
13%
 13%  [6]
Total Votes : 46

  • Quote
JMan wrote:
Would watching the movie count as hearing the album? I have the DVD but I've never seen it. Is it any good? The critics gave it positive reviews, but at the same time they said that film isn't Zeppelin's thing.


If you are still talking about The song remains the Same then ...

Would watching the movie count as hearing the album? => Yes, if anything it would be better than just listening to the album

at the same time they said that film isn't Zeppelin's thing => It isn't, music is Zep's thing and the music IS in that film.
  • Quote
Cymro2011 wrote:
Did you watch It Might Get Loud?


Yes I did. Positively loved it. The scene when the Edge pitches his new riff for Elevation (I think?) is hilarious.

It is a little sad that Jack White took so much space but he is funny, entertaining and current so it still worked. Without him is would have been a 20 minutes documentary. Even though you get very little of Jimmy that little is still more than nearly all we got from him in the last 40 years summed up so let's enjoy it for what it is.
  • Quote
I missed some kind of Zeppelin concert yesterday. I don't know whether it was the band (with Jason, of course) or a tribute, but either way, I didn't have the money to go.
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
I missed some kind of Zeppelin concert yesterday. I don't know whether it was the band (with Jason, of course) or a tribute, but either way, I didn't have the money to go.


I'm pretty sure if it was the band it would have been a really big deal. Guaranteed it was a tribute band. Jason Bonham has one himself.
_________________
  • Quote
Well the commercials said the sound was just like the albums, or something along the lines of that. I only heard the commercial once, but it made me want to go. But it was the day before the concert that I heard about it.
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
Well the commercials said the sound was just like the albums, or something along the lines of that. I only heard the commercial once, but it made me want to go. But it was the day before the concert that I heard about it.


I bet you could probably figure out if it was LZ or a tribute band by taking 10 seconds out of your day to do a Google search.
  • Quote
Plant is too shrill.

Page is too sloppy, and there are soooooo many great guitarists out there.

Bonzo is awesome, but . . .

Jones is far and away the best choice here. People who don't really listen have no idea how elemental he is to the Zep sound and success, and how much his unique virtuoso playing sets himself, and the band as a whole, apart from the crowd.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123456
Page 6 of 6


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Album of the day (#331): Led Zeppelin... BestEverAlbums Music
Album of the day (#389): Led Zeppelin... BestEverAlbums Music
Album of the day (#378): Led Zeppelin... BestEverAlbums Music
[ Poll ] BDAT Rd. 2 - Led Zeppelin vs. Fโ™ฏ Aโ... Guest Tournaments
CLOSED Let's Rank 8: Led Zeppelin Exist-en-ciel Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.