Different spin on things for me here. Like I said before, I aimed to release something that sounded like a mix of Jlin and Haxan Cloak. Used a few different techniques, and I'm just hoping that they worked ๐จ
Enjoy ๐
(on a personal note, I think it sounds best in headphones)
dude this is really good. esp. love bathsalt.
there are a number of tracks that are top top though. high digs. _________________ follow me on the bandcamp.
dude this is really good. esp. love bathsalt.
there are a number of tracks that are top top though. high digs.
Thanks Craola. Appreciate the praise. Going to have to correct you on that song title though, it's basalt*. Albeit I came very close to titling one of the other tracks bathsalt at one point. _________________ Doubles & Conch
dude this is really good. esp. love bathsalt.
there are a number of tracks that are top top though. high digs.
๐คฃ
Thanks Craola. Appreciate the praise. Going to have to correct you on that song title though, it's basalt*. Albeit I came very close to titling one of the other tracks bathsalt at one point.
**** ! Basalt. Yes. That track. So good. _________________ follow me on the bandcamp.
Different spin on things for me here. Like I said before, I aimed to release something that sounded like a mix of Jlin and Haxan Cloak. Used a few different techniques, and I'm just hoping that they worked ๐จ
Enjoy ๐
(on a personal note, I think it sounds best in headphones)
Really enjoyed this! Love the pacing and the variety, never slowed down or dulled. I'm going to need to use headphones for my next listen because there's obviously some serious layers here. Particuarly enjoyed Jubilance and Obliteration, something about them caught my attention - maybe the use of voices? But yeah, stellar stuff as always, will be giving it another spin soon.
Borejko wrote:
First review of Midnight Show in: "This is the first time I've ever been bored listening to a vaporwave album. 5/10."
Yay! Maybe I shouldn't list it as vaporwave. Actually, maybe it isn't.
Just listened to it now, hell of harsh review, I got a real kick out of it. Nice atmosphere, and good mix between ambient instrumental stuff and that classic vaporwave sample sound. Sits proudly among my other vaporwave albums, for sure. Citadel was the standout for me, loved when it kicked back in at a faster pace, and the sax works really well. Keep up the vaporwave stuff man, it's all been good so far.
Really enjoyed this! Love the pacing and the variety, never slowed down or dulled. I'm going to need to use headphones for my next listen because there's obviously some serious layers here. Particuarly enjoyed Jubilance and Obliteration, something about them caught my attention - maybe the use of voices? But yeah, stellar stuff as always, will be giving it another spin soon.
Cool ๐ Glad you liked it. It's definitely a better listen in headphones... (opposed to laptop/phone speakers or whatnot). I even felt like it sounded better in headphones than on larger speakers.
It's cool that you liked Jubilance, it was actually the last track that I made for the album. Slightly more of a hip-hop vibe than the rest of the record. Coincidentally, there was another track on the album that I scrapped because I thought it relied to heavily on vocals ๐คฃ Might release that as a bonus at some point or something. _________________ Doubles & Conch
Thanks Hayden and Puncture Repair. Got some positive feedback for Midnight Show and money so that counts for something!
I listen to Gestalt last night and I must say Hayden, it was a great listen. I found it flowed really well and balanced the more intense tracks (Mercuriality) with the calmer ones (Phantasmagoria). I did prefer the first half to the second. Not sure why. Maybe a relisten will clear that up.
For those who are over my latest release, here is another VHC release! A companion piece to Midnight Show.
Really enjoyed this! Love the pacing and the variety, never slowed down or dulled. I'm going to need to use headphones for my next listen because there's obviously some serious layers here. Particuarly enjoyed Jubilance and Obliteration, something about them caught my attention - maybe the use of voices? But yeah, stellar stuff as always, will be giving it another spin soon.
Cool ๐ Glad you liked it. It's definitely a better listen in headphones... (opposed to laptop/phone speakers or whatnot).
Fret not, it got played on my sound system, not just my laptop speakers. Sounded great, but I trust your judgement on the headphones!
Borejko wrote:
Got some positive feedback for Midnight Show and money so that counts for something!
For those who are over my latest release, here is another VHC release! A companion piece to Midnight Show.
Glad to hear it's gaining some traction. Will download the companion album now!
In Cassini Meet Saturn news, I've got the album cover photographed and designed today, and I'm excited for the direction its taking. Should be released early next week.
I listen to Gestalt last night and I must say Hayden, it was a great listen. I found it flowed really well and balanced the more intense tracks (Mercuriality) with the calmer ones (Phantasmagoria). I did prefer the first half to the second. Not sure why. Maybe a relisten will clear that up.
Great to hear Brad ๐ Mercuriality is definitely a bit of a... I dunno... punch? I just wanted to have some fun with a super fast tempo track. Also, the first half is definitely different from the ending (well, at least the last 4 tracks or so), so that's understandable. Bit of a different vibe on those.
(Also, as of now, we share BEA's top rated albums of 2017 ๐ )
Quote:
In Cassini Meet Saturn news, I've got the album cover photographed and designed today, and I'm excited for the direction its taking. Should be released early next week.
And cool, looking forward to it ๐ Also, pretty great cover. Definitely looks like something you'd pick up in a record store. _________________ Doubles & Conch
Released my debut album, And I Saw You, four days ago and have added to the website in the hopes that I attract a few listeners! Go easy on me hehe ๐ _________________ sptfy.com/benlester
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum