What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 947894799480 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
Skinny wrote:

Rap Album Two by Jonwayne

looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one. I thought it was p dope.

also yo while you're listening to 2017 shit give this a spin why dontcha

Valley Of Grace by Elucid
I'd be very interested in your take on it


Will check it, cheers. As for the Jonwayne? It's a Jonwayne album. Which is a good thing. My thoughts on this are the same as my thoughts the first time I heard Rap Album One; it's good, but where are the actual songs? That said, RA1 is the very definition of a grower for me, and is now one of my favourite hip-hop albums of the decade, if not all-time. I find his mixture of self-aware posturing and 'on the nose' navel-gazing to be pretty unique in today's landscape (although it isn't exactly a world away from OME or Quelle Chris), but at this point I think I definitely prefer the bravado element of his raps - he's such a talented shit-talker, and his more introspective moments stray very close to the outer reaches of cringe-inducing territory, even if he's smart enough and honest enough that they just about work. As it stands, this isn't anywhere near the level of the new Quelle or the new Marc, but my opinions on Jonwayne's work are subject to change as I take in more listens. There are some super interesting moments here sonically as well, even if the clean vibe isn't as much in my wheelhouse as the dusty, sample-heavy production on those other two recent albums I mentioned. Will be returning, obviously, and almost expecting to enjoy it more with each listen.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Crisis by Alexisonfire (2006) CANADA

  • Quote
Soft Will by Smith Westerns (2013) USA

  • Quote

Freedom Highway by Rhiannon Giddens
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote

Imagination by Gladys Knight & The Pips
  • Quote

Grand Funk by Grand Funk Railroad
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote

Covenant by Morbid Angel
  • Quote

None So Vile by Cryptopsy
  • Quote

R Hide In Plain Site by Romanthony
  • Quote

Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tina Turner

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 947894799480 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 9479 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.