2017 Albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 383940 ... 565758  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
For those who enjoyed

Ears Are Filled With Wonder by Peter Brötzmann & Heather Leigh
from last year, they've released another album this year

Sex Tape by Peter Brötzmann & Heather Leigh
Very cool duo that I'm glad to see continuing. Haven't seen this duo but I will be seeing Ken Vandermark and Susan Alcorn next month which is the same set up. Brötzmann comes to Texas frequently and Leigh is from here, but i haven't seen them post any shows together.

Also,

Araminta by Harriet Tubman
for fans of Melvin Gibbs and Leo Smith


Short Passing Game by Davy Kehoe
And

The Shape Of Things To Come by Bill Converse
Recommended for dbz, Norman, joy, tap, et al.


oh hey I've been meaning to check out Sex Tape, I'll make a note to get on that and get checking out those others. I've been fixating (relatively) on this one Astral Spirits release


Days And Other Days by Mike Majkowski

Some really gorgeous but dark droning stuff, still don't know exactly what it is about it that's hooking me but there's something really cool in it.

also I think I am going to drown in obscene-duration releases. I got this 6 CD Keith Fullerton Whitman thing, https://broken-music.com/products/keith-fullerton-whitman-late-monoliths, I still haven't added to the DB. it's 6 very longform compositions, where all of the composition happens in the initial construction of some insanely complex digital/analog modular patch, and then the synth just runs for an hour with minimal intervention (a tribute of sorts to Douglas Leedy's Entropical Paradise). But this album brings something new to the approach with incredibly refined sounding timbres and some really peculiar twists to where the patches go with it, it's super cool.

and then this just got announced today, a 16 CD (that's 10 more CDs than the last one!) Roland Kayn release which has never been issued is coming out in October http://frozenreeds.com/?p=451. I need to see how much it will cost from Forced Exposure before I say I'm going to buy it because it's going to be EXPENSIVE AS FUCK but I'm bad enough with money to say that yeah I am probably going to buy this.
  • Quote
So we're all in agreement that this new Lorde album is a fucking masterpiece, right?

lethalnezzle: fashionably late to every party since 2005.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Tap wrote:
I've been fixating (relatively) on this one Astral Spirits release


Days And Other Days by Mike Majkowski

Some really gorgeous but dark droning stuff, still don't know exactly what it is about it that's hooking me but there's something really cool in it.


Yeah, I saw that you added it to your chart. Unfortunately I'm letting extra-musical things get in the way of my enjoyment of that one. I know Majkowski is a very talented bassist (he's in the Splitter Orchestra with Matthias Mûller), and want him to make a solo acoustic record in the vein of "Carnival of Decay" from Neighboring Objects. I think soon I'll be able to listen to it for what it is
  • Quote
How is the new Declan McKenna album not even on this site? It's in my my top 5-10 albums of 2017 right now and might end up there. Kid might get big in a few years.
  • Quote
Now isn't this great


Link

_________________
All time

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Quote
AOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAO TYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTY AOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAO TYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTY AOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAO TYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTY

http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design

  • Quote
I know it's tough to keep sounding relevant in the next-big-thing nature of indie rock in the 21st century, but did lyrically Arcade Fire really need to channel a LiveJournal fan thread for an entire fucking album?
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
So we're all in agreement that this new Lorde album is a fucking masterpiece, right?

lethalnezzle: fashionably late to every party since 2005.



It's close, but still a bit overrated. Glad you (seemingly?) like it, though
  • Quote
Tap wrote:
AOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOT YAOTYAOTYAOTYAO TYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTY AOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAO TYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTY AOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAO TYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTYAOTY

http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design
http://opaltapes.com/album/sacred-horror-in-design


glad to see this hear. got the email from opal this morning and added to queue.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
I hadn't the faintest clue EMA was releasing an album this year, but it just leaked. Pleasant surprise. Thought her last was severely underrated.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 383940 ... 565758  Next
Page 39 of 58


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Your own top 2017 albums & overal... Nyoink77 Music
Your favourite rap albums of 2017 Skinny Music
The lowest ranking excellent albums i... rkm Music
BEA BRIT MEETUP 2017 alelsupreme Lounge
BEA 2017 Championship Tournament Results baystateoftheart Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.