2017 Albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 484950 ... 565758  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Excited for the new Alvvays, although the first singles sound like it won't sound as gritty and dark as the first one..
The loudness wars aren't over yet : / (see also the new War on Drugs album..)
(edit: my ears didn't fool me: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=war+on+drugs&album= : almost as bad as Californication!! )
  • Quote

Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe - Two Orb Reel

Modular synth experiments supposedely meant to soundtrack an imagined African sci-fi film. Good shit. Great interview with him in this month's copy of The Wire too.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Highly recommended


Beast Diaries by รine O'Dwyer


17.3.17 by Laura Cannell
(apparently a kind of live compilation of previous releases)

and one more time, hop on this and you won't be disappointed


18.4.17 by Pat Thomas & Orphy Robinson


Short Passing Game by Davy Kehoe
  • Quote
Oh yeah and Blay Vision just released the best grime album of the year. Production is slyly experimental and relatably modest, rhymes are heavy and would precipitate multiple wheel ups. Issa must listen.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:

Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe - Two Orb Reel

Modular synth experiments supposedely meant to soundtrack an imagined African sci-fi film. Good shit. Great interview with him in this month's copy of The Wire too.


Giving it a listen now. Thanks Skinny.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
Highly recommended


Beast Diaries by รine O'Dwyer


17.3.17 by Laura Cannell
(apparently a kind of live compilation of previous releases)

and one more time, hop on this and you won't be disappointed


18.4.17 by Pat Thomas & Orphy Robinson


Short Passing Game by Davy Kehoe


Need to check these. Been mainly listening on Spotify which is pretty limiting. Must bookmark.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote

Science Fiction by Brand New

Brand New- Science Fiction

Did I miss any discussion of this earlier? Maybe my favorite album of the year so far. Very emotionally powerful, especially considering this may be their swan song. Lacey certainly comes across as a tortured soul, though I don't really know that much about him. Any time a front person has that kind of enigmatic personality it somehow makes the music seem weightier. It's the kind of album that demands repeated listens to fully appreciate, yet is also immediately gripping. That's something that's extremely difficult to accomplish I think.
  • Quote

Lost In A Sea Of Trees by Wanderwelle

Put minimal effort in finding the original post, but Jimmy posted about this album and WOW this is so damn lush and pretty I love it!
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
pearljammer13 wrote:

Science Fiction by Brand New

Brand New- Science Fiction

Did I miss any discussion of this earlier? Maybe my favorite album of the year so far. Very emotionally powerful, especially considering this may be their swan song. Lacey certainly comes across as a tortured soul, though I don't really know that much about him. Any time a front person has that kind of enigmatic personality it somehow makes the music seem weightier. It's the kind of album that demands repeated listens to fully appreciate, yet is also immediately gripping. That's something that's extremely difficult to accomplish I think.


There was some a couple pages back and it's an absolute masterpiece, one of my favorite albums ever.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
I have high hopes for the new Wand album judging by the 3 songs released so far. They've lost most of their visceral edge which is a shame, but the arrangements have improved massively now that they're a five piece and it isn't just everybody playing the same riff. Seems like a fair trade off ๐Ÿ˜


Plum by Wand

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 484950 ... 565758  Next
Page 49 of 58


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Your own top 2017 albums & overal... Nyoink77 Music
Your favourite rap albums of 2017 Skinny Music
The lowest ranking excellent albums i... rkm Music
BEA BRIT MEETUP 2017 alelsupreme Lounge
BEA 2017 Championship Tournament Results baystateoftheart Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.