And I've listened to a bit more of the albums that both you and Gowi put on your charts:
Between Happiness And Heartache by Breathless
This was a great discovery for me: I would describe them (maybe a bit oddly) as a mix between Interpol and The Psychedelic Furs and that both because of the timbre of the singing as for the music itself. I liked the very melodic nature of this record and especially the two last tracks (Flowers Die and Help Me Get Over It) were outstanding.
Bing! Bing! Bing!
Totally. What's more... that connection to Interpol (loved their debut) somehow allowed me to appreciate this album even more. A lot more. Going from Good to Great in my estimation and jumping up at least ten to twenty spots in my chart. Just weird how the mind works. That hook/that seed that they were in the vein of early Interpol allowed my brain to have a deeper connection to the music somehow. Allowed me to understand it better. Just weird.
which brings me to an anecdote. My little girls and I were driving in the car last night when Drivin' N Cryin's "Chain Reaction" came on. Matilda aka the real Tilly immediately loved and started gushing how Tesla are the greatest. when I told her that it was actually Drivin n Cryin, she totally backpedaled stating it was just "okay". That Tesla were better. Very interesting stuff! And if your observant, you realize it happens in your mind all the time too.
Anyways, thanks Dihansse for somehow enabling me to like Breathless even more! ๐คฃ
Here is a underated album from 1991. A funk record. Curious of your thoughts. Will be putting this on the database because this is really dope.
yeah. This is a good to great funk record. A little out of its time & place in 1991. I like it though. Will definitely make my 1991: More gems chart. Thanks, brother!
Here is a underated album from 1991. A funk record. Curious of your thoughts. Will be putting this on the database because this is really dope.
yeah. This is a good to great funk record. A little out of its time & place in 1991. I like it though. Will definitely make my 1991: More gems chart. Thanks, brother!
The Year PUNK Broke
What's The Best Punk Album From 1991?
Although the straight-up punk renaissance hadn't hit full steam just yet, they're are a ton of great punk albums from 1991 that would prove to be hugely influential in the years to come. These are the one that I consider the most important but I'm ope to other suggestions. Clearly, Fugazi & Superchunk are the clear favorites in this field and I would be pretty surprised if any other album even comes close to these two. But, Bronze is wide open. As always, I've screened these albums first and they're all at least good. But, they will have to be GREAT to get a place in my 1991 chart.
This is a Public Service Announcement. My diary is back up and is listening to the top 100 albums from 2015 with extra albums that are more obscure from suggestions or albums I have gone through.
I figured it would be easier (& more fun) to do this piecemeal. So here's the battle for the Midwest throne. Two Chicago Punk classics going at it. These are the type of albums that would be played IN FULL at Chicago's annual Riot Fest. Both are treated with a degree of reverence out here. Chicago likes its punk. As always, my kids will probably have the freshest takes & luckily I'm picking them up in a couple of hours. ๐
Well, that's a wrap,boys & girls. February is coming to an end. And my 1991 charts are finally complete. For now. I thought that I would only need one, but there was so much good stuff that I'd like to come back to in the future that I made a second custom chart as well. Check them out and let me know what you think INCLUDING what I'm missing. But for now, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.
Well, that's a wrap,boys & girls. February is coming to an end. And my 1991 charts are finally complete. For now. I thought that I would only need one, but there was so much good stuff that I'd like to come back to in the future that I made a second custom chart as well. Check them out and let me know what you think INCLUDING what I'm missing. But for now, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum