Who here listens to IDM? (or some better label for the genre

Goto page Previous  123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
oh man make sure to check Variance too, that's his best work. tho if yr not so into the turn-if-the-century dsp stuff then that may not be as good, tho I personally think it's some of the most tasteful/timeless uses of all the genre. but then in that case you should check out his album 1995.
  • Quote
Tap wrote:
oh man make sure to check Variance too, that's his best work. tho if yr not so into the turn-if-the-century dsp stuff then that may not be as good, tho I personally think it's some of the most tasteful/timeless uses of all the genre. but then in that case you should check out his album 1995.


Oh I definitely will get to the rest of Jega's work. Probably will get to it during this weekend. But don't worry Jega had a lot of variety in one record. He probably has other impressive songs that I will latch onto.
  • Quote
Tap wrote:
oh man make sure to check Variance too, that's his best work. tho if yr not so into the turn-if-the-century dsp stuff then that may not be as good, tho I personally think it's some of the most tasteful/timeless uses of all the genre. but then in that case you should check out his album 1995.


Did enjoy Variance a lot. Thought it was excellent. However I do feel that Spectrum was better due to how that album felt more of a presentation of how electronic music was in the 90's. But also the albums that are fighting for my best spot for the 2000's has more of there own identity. Even though Jega is a very great producer. Now I am on my journey to listen to his other two records.
  • Quote
this version of dmc is essential too https://youtu.be/LqgJvJRueaA
  • Quote
Here are two other Planet Mu albums to ponder.


Full Sunken Breaks by Kid Spatula


Dummy Variations by Joseph Nothing
  • Quote
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Here are two other Planet Mu albums to ponder.


Full Sunken Breaks by Kid Spatula


Dummy Variations by Joseph Nothing


I like Kid Spatula. He's really mu-ziq. I didn't know for the longest time that Kid spatula was just one of his aliases. It took me years to figure out all of them. He's got like 10 of them. This is the best one, besides mu-ziq, I mean.


Makesaracket by Jake Slazenger
  • Quote
I'd put Frost Jockey's best stuff at the top of the mu-ziq alias pile. tho hard love is a classic. also joseph nothing rules, his group Rom=Pari did some of the wildest stuff
  • Quote
While I like a lot of this music, I had to google 'IDM'. Intelligent Dance Music? What an awful label for a music genre.
_________________
http://distranscontinuum.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Quote
SleepDealer wrote:
While I like a lot of this music, I had to google 'IDM'. Intelligent Dance Music? What an awful label for a music genre.


And they have only gotten worse over the years. It's absolutely laughable how everything has its own Micro-niche now. Each and every record has its own genre practically. I tried to figure out what's the obsession with genre nowadays, and all I can think of is the music isn't that good or worth talking about, so people talk about genres and sub-genres instead. Lol. Not that they're all bad. IDM is a great one. You got it right, awful name but pretty good music. I prefer the much more amusing "Armchair Techno".
  • Quote
but armchair techno doesn't cover everything, you'd also need bedroom n bass

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123  Next
Page 2 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Genre Extravaganza: IDM Guest Music
[ Poll ] better better better (OH YEAH) best '... Guest Music
What are the best IDM Albums? OKC1 Music
Songs that sound better acoustic/bett... RoundTheBend Music
[ Poll ] better better best 90's albums Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.