Who here listens to IDM? (or some better label for the genre

Goto page Previous  123
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Tap wrote:
but armchair techno doesn't cover everything, you'd also need bedroom n bass


Is that one of the ones that only has one person in the genre?
  • Quote
oh that's not real, but since techno wouldn't cover the drum n bass and jungle influenced stuff from squarepusher, luke vibert, and other artists, I think rebranding that only focuses on techno (like with what people are trying to do by making ambient techno a thing) is an incomplete picture.
  • Quote
Tap wrote:
oh that's not real, but since techno wouldn't cover the drum n bass and jungle influenced stuff from squarepusher, luke vibert, and other artists, I think rebranding that only focuses on techno (like with what people are trying to do by making ambient techno a thing) is an incomplete picture.


Oh, I agree completely. I just remember always reading the terms IDM and armchair techno like in the late 90s when I first heard this kind of stuff, and of the two I thought armchair techno sounded more friendly or something. Heh heh. I thought intelligent dance music sounded too snobby or something. LMAO. The music turned out to be much different than I expected from the label it had. I didn't expect it to be so delightful and fun, I expected something different.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123
Page 3 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Genre Extravaganza: IDM Guest Music
[ Poll ] better better better (OH YEAH) best '... Guest Music
What are the best IDM Albums? OKC1 Music
Songs that sound better acoustic/bett... RoundTheBend Music
[ Poll ] better better best 90's albums Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.