Please tell me you fellas aren't sleeping on the new IglooGhost EP's. I second Hayden's recommendation. Don't miss out on the two EP's from him, both of them are incredible.
The Much Much How How And I by Cosmo Sheldrake
so this is like alt j if they could write good songs. and just go straight to the closer cause words cannot express the joy. _________________ follow me on the bandcamp.
Haven't heard it yet but if it surpasses Freetown Sound it is a shoo-in for my AotY. _________________ 2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
Trevor Powers (Fka Youth Lagoon) is back with his best since his groundbreaking debut 'The Year of Hibernation'. Definitely one of the years best, and his best since his debut. Maximalistic glitchy art pop with post industrial soundscapes, don't miss out.
Picked this one up at random and wow am I happy. BEAUTIFUL production. Really well crafted songs. Something like glass, it'll break if you drop it. I've run out of positive words because I'm lazy. Give it a listen.
USA/Denmark collab. Chill stuff, kinda more on the artsy/poetic side of things, but I couldn't help but be intrigued by the album's uniqueness. It's simple and elegant, yet really punches at you. Worth a spin.
Like entering a different room. Not particularly a different world, just a room you've never been in and you're not entirely sure how you got there. Bit lengthy, but it let's you seep in.
Like Poaa, this is another recent release from Nyege Nyege Tapes. It's a compilation of Ekuka Moriss Sirikiti's work since 1978, never widely released until now. Totally different for the label too, it's basically lo-fi (ranging) mbira music created with a homemade device, but it truly excels. Not something you find everyday.
Phenomenal reissue of a 1972 concert. Pino's got the groove. He's got it. And we're lucky he shared it. Practically impossible to not (at minimum) tap your foot. Don't miss it, easily rivals any of Fela Kuti's concerts. It got a pretty sharp placement on my Biltong & Mandazis chart (well, I replaced the other Geraldo Pino album for it, but this is def the better of the two).
Also worth checking out but this post is getting too long: new Roy Montgomery, Hermit And The Recluse (Ka), Eeeks, James Creole Thomas, Djrum & Mid-Air Thief. Maybe the new D+ but I was a little mixed dunno. _________________ Doubles & Conch
here's the stuff for this week that I'm interested in:
Yves Tumor - Safe In The Hands Of Love (Warp), Amnesia Scanner - Another Life (PAN), Oliver Coates - Shelleyโs on Zenn-La (RVNG), Olivia Block - 132 Ranks (Room40), Catherine Christer Hennix - Selected Early Keyboard Works (Empty Editions), Thomas Ankersmit - Homage To Dick Raaijmakers (Shelter Press), NHK yx Koyxen - Reflexes (DFA), Jay Glass Dubs - Plegnic (Ecstatic), Eiko Ishibashi - After The Smoke (Self-released)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum