You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 137138139 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Comfort Woman by Me'shell Ndegeocello


A very nice sultry sexy album with a tinge of spacey psychedelia thrown in. Will definitely make my yearly charts and i am sure i will listen again to the complete album as this is a very cohesive album that seems to go nicely as a one sitting listen. Thank you i enjoyed this record a lot 4 out of 5 stars. Cover Art is spectacular also.


My choice:
Diga by Diga Rhythm Band
  • Quote

Weightless by Pogo

Yeah, this album was a bit much. The instrumentals were OK, but someone needs to tell this kid to calm down with the vocal samples. It really triggers the ADD side of my brain, and I can't concentrate on the whole song.

glynspsa


Cure For Pain by Morphine
  • Quote
Just listened to:
Cure For Pain by Morphine

I really really liked this record. It was a totally unexpected delight. Great playing, wish i knew about this album when i was a barfly would have been a good record to have a few drinks while listening. I will definently listen again and have added to my year chart. thank you for the recommendation.

I'll throw out there:
The Big Eyeball In The Sky by Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains
  • Quote
glynspsa wrote:

Comfort Woman by Me'shell Ndegeocello


A very nice sultry sexy album with a tinge of spacey psychedelia thrown in. Will definitely make my yearly charts and i am sure i will listen again to the complete album as this is a very cohesive album that seems to go nicely as a one sitting listen. Thank you i enjoyed this record a lot 4 out of 5 stars. Cover Art is spectacular also.


My choice:
Diga by Diga Rhythm Band


Hell yeah I am on two for getting albums in your year list. Also will listen to that album. The cover art looks dope.
  • Quote
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Weightless by Pogo

Yeah, this album was a bit much. The instrumentals were OK, but someone needs to tell this kid to calm down with the vocal samples. It really triggers the ADD side of my brain, and I can't concentrate on the whole song.

glynspsa


Cure For Pain by Morphine


This was funny to me since the guy I think is in his early 30's. But sorry you weren't a fan.
  • Quote
@glynspsa

This was really dope. The meticulous drum work is insane. Will be part of my essentials fro the 70's and 1976.
For you, here is a funk record of the 90's. It's called Funkoverload by Maceo Parker.

Unless this is for someone else. Which if that is the case, my choice still stands.
  • Quote
From Luigii:


Mint Jams by Casiopea

I probably never would have listened to a whole album tagged as smooth jazz if not for this thread. On the plus side, it's surprisingly pleasant, and credit for that should probably go to the two other genre tags in the building (jazz fusion & jazz-funk). On the downside, it's incredibly cheesy. I suppose that's par for the course, and has certainly held true for what little smooth jazz I've experienced due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. So it exceeded my expectations, but those were very low to begin with. 3/5

~~~~~

For Luigii:


Andorra by Caribou

(Psychedelic Pop / Indietronica)
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
From Luigii:


Mint Jams by Casiopea

I probably never would have listened to a whole album tagged as smooth jazz if not for this thread. On the plus side, it's surprisingly pleasant, and credit for that should probably go to the two other genre tags in the building (jazz fusion & jazz-funk). On the downside, it's incredibly cheesy. I suppose that's par for the course, and has certainly held true for what little smooth jazz I've experienced due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. So it exceeded my expectations, but those were very low to begin with. 3/5

~~~~~

For Luigii:


Andorra by Caribou

(Psychedelic Pop / Indietronica)


Damn really? Didn't find Mint Jams to be cheesy at all. But then again I do have a high tolerance for smooth jazz. So there is that. Also needed to give Caribou a listen.
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
From Luigii:


Mint Jams by Casiopea

I probably never would have listened to a whole album tagged as smooth jazz if not for this thread. On the plus side, it's surprisingly pleasant, and credit for that should probably go to the two other genre tags in the building (jazz fusion & jazz-funk). On the downside, it's incredibly cheesy. I suppose that's par for the course, and has certainly held true for what little smooth jazz I've experienced due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. So it exceeded my expectations, but those were very low to begin with. 3/5

~~~~~

For Luigii:


Andorra by Caribou

(Psychedelic Pop / Indietronica)


So I finished this up and man 2007 continues being one of those years that keeps on giving. An excellent album. My only problem would be the last track where I thought it was going to be a certain thing and never wanted to be that thing that I wanted. Other than that, this was still excellent. My pick for you or anyone else is this album.


MoonBuilding 2703 AD by The Orb.
  • Quote

The Big Eyeball In The Sky by Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains

I'm a big Claypool fan (I've seen Primus 3 times) so I was already familiar with the album. It had been awhile since I had listened to it though, and this time around I enjoyed it more than I remember. Probably his most technical album, due to Buckethead's presence, but it still ticks all the boxes for a good idiosyncratic Claypool release. Like a lot of supergroup records though, I feel it's just a way for them to showoff how good they all are. Which isn't a negative. I still probably like The Frog Brigade better for his side projects. Or Duo De Twang, but this album is definitely good.

For luigii


Tides by Arovane

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 137138139 ... 197198199  Next
Page 138 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.