I completely forgot that I made this post. A whole year ago!! I've gotta find the poll that you're talking about. I didn't know they did one. Probably a real long time ago, huh?
Your list is awesome. About a quarter of them I don't even know, although I recognize the names of some of the films they did. A year ago I picked Robert Altman as number one, although I really don't have just one single favorite. I would probably still say him.
It wasn't all that long ago. Not in the last year but I doubt much longer than 2 years ago when we did it. I could be wrong. Wish you'd have been here for it. Altman's low ranking on that list is a travesty. Could have used you to boost him to a more realistic position.
Didn't realize this was an old post. I guess the guy above me revived it.
1. Akira Kurosawa (Favourite Film: Ran, 1985)
2. Andrei Tarkovsky (Andrei Rublev, 1966)
3. David Lynch (Mulholland Dr., 2001)
4. Alfred Hitchcock (Rear Window, 1954)
5. Hayao Miayazaki (Princess Mononoke, 1997)
6. Martin Scorcese (Goodfellas, 1990)
7. Yasujiro Ozu (Tokyo Story, 1953)
8. Sergio Leone (Once Upon a Time in the West, 1968)
9. Chris Marker (La Jetee, 1962)
10. Woody Allen (Annie Hall, 1967)
11. Francois Truffaut (Tirez sur le pianiste, 1960)
12. Pedro Almodovar (Hable con Ella/Talk to Her, 2002)
13. Ingmar Bergman (The Seventh Seal, 1957)
14. Federico Fellini (8 1/2, 1963)
15. Francis Ford Coppola (The Godfather Part II, 1974)
16. Stanley Kubrick (2001: A Space Odyssey, 1968)
17. Fritz Lang (Metropolis, 1927)
18. Pier Paolo Pasolini (Il Vangelo secondo Matteo, 1964)
19. Satyajit Ray (Pather Panchali, 1955)
20. Victor Erice (The Spirit of the Beehive, 1973)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum