What are your favorite musicals???

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Despite loving music and liking movies, I'm not much of a musical guy. Here's just a few that stick with me.

The Sound of Music. I know that's a pretty cliche choice, but amazingly every last song in that movie catches my ear in one way or another. We watch is once a year, and I end up humming at least a half dozen tunes from it for the next full week or two.

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Kind of a silly choice given the unacceptable today stalker/consent elements involved, but the dance scenes really kick it.

Cabaret. No way around it, Liza can sing!

The Producers. Not every song is great, but the whole thing is just plain funny. Tasteless, but funny. Mel Brooks is a comic genius.

Honorable Mention to:
Oklahoma
La La Land (got one modern one in there)
Singin' in the Rain
Phantom of the Opera
Fiddler on the Roof
Finian's Rainbow

and two Disneys:
Beauty and the Beast
Hercules
  • Quote
West Side Story
The Sound of Music
La La Land
Beauty and the Best
Little Mermaid
Aladdin

Some of my favorites off the top of my head. I'm sure I forgot some!
_________________
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
โ€• Bob Marley
  • Quote
https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=39031
  • Quote
Reach4theSun wrote:
West Side Story
The Sound of Music
La La Land
Beauty and the Best
Little Mermaid
Aladdin

Some of my favorites off the top of my head. I'm sure I forgot some!


While Beauty and the Beast isn't in my overall favorites, it almost is just because Jodi Benson's voice is totally off the hook gorgeous.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Favorite Musicals undefined Music
Broadway / Musicals Guest Music
Musicals & Cast Recordings Fergenaprido Suggestions
Musicals RFNAPLES Music
How Your Favorite Bands/Albums Became... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.