Last concert you went to

Goto page Previous  123 ... 49, 505152  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Stover75 wrote:
I would love to go to that gig. I hope she comes to the UK.


The tour is going on in the UK right now. Afaik dates outside the UK haven't been announced. I'm jealous, as I would love to see Digable Planets and who knows if there'll be another chance.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
The tour is going on in the UK right now. Afaik dates outside the UK haven't been announced. I'm jealous, as I would love to see Digable Planets and who knows if there'll be another chance.


that's amazing. I'm going to look it up right now...
  • Quote
La Femme...fun psy-pop French outfit. They played superloud tho' (or maybe I'm getting old). I shared a lovely moment with one of the singers when they began playing one of their slow-jam anthems and I held a lit lighter aloft...he knowingly acknowledged the retro vibe (La Femme being a retro band themselves) and gave me a cheery nod.

If you don't know them, check out their last album, youtubes has a full upload of it, called Mystere.
  • Quote
Went to see Jonathan Richman recently. I liked his music, but only after seeing him in concert do I fully understand his cult following. He seemingly made up the show on the fly - from the setlist, to lyrical changes, to extensive but never dull dialogue between songs, to instrumental improvisation. He's a very warm, funny, and engaging guy. Definitely see him if you get the chance.

Also his stage presence reminded me of Jens Lekman in certain ways (another one of the best shows I've seen), and a quick Google revealed what I suspected: he is one of Lekman's top musical influences.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
Saw Muse last night at Wells Fargo Center.
  • Quote
Saw Wicca Phase Springs Eternal on the 2nd

Amazing show and performance, crowd was hit or miss
  • Quote
Mandolin Orange at the Spokane Knitting Factory, March 10, 2019
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Just got back from seeing Beach House for the first time, which was part of their tour supporting 7. It wasn't totally unexpected, but they were a lot heavier live, going from delicate dream pop to what was largely in the realm of shoegaze/noise pop/noise rock. Overall, it was a great performance, even if it sometimes strayed too far in that direction. I was bothered by the use of strobes considering there was no seizure warning I saw put out by the band, promoter, or venue. Accessibility fail.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
Sarah Shook & The Disarmers at a small club in Spokane.

Awesome.

Sarah Shook & The Disarmers
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Busy time of year for my job. I recently missed two concerts I wanted to go to. Raconteurs on July 26, and Psychedelic Furs on August 7. I worked both nights and was bummed I missed the shows. Yesterday was my first day off in a while. A friend had tickets to a free concert, and I agreed to go before I knew the artists. Free is free, right? The opening band was a newly formed LA-local band called Sir Please. The headliner was REO Speedwagon, a band some older BEA users might remember. They had a successful string of hits in the early 80s. I knew about 3-4 songs by them before the show. Anyway, Sir Please did a solid job as the opener. They had some surprisingly good/interesting musical transitions. REO did a solid job too. Their frontman, Kevin Cronin, whose name I didn't know until yesterday, mentioned during the show that Sir Please is his sons' band. I thought that was cool. Cronin is helping his sons' band get some exposure by bringing them on as REO's opening act. That's being a good father.
_________________
on such a winter's day

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 49, 505152  Next
Page 50 of 52


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
first concert you went to? paladisiac Music
overall chart history - last week, la... jackbrown8786 Suggestions
The ones that went out on top and too... Mercury Music
What artists were better when they we... bobbyb5 Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.