2019 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 262728 ... 505152  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
DJ Nate got me partying like it's 2010. Bring yo' best crack. The best footwork LP since, well, his last one.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
ethereal acoustic for fans of nicole dollanganger / grouper / cocteau twins / julee cruise / agnes obel


All That I Can't See by Alexia Avina
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
sounds like something up my alleyway, thanks for the rec ^
_________________
Griselda, by Fashion Rebels
2020's Hip-Hop
2020's Country
  • Quote

Music For Mushrooms: A Soundtrack For The Psychedelic Practitioner by East Forest

been falling asleep to this the past few nights, really good meditative ambient.
_________________
Griselda, by Fashion Rebels
2020's Hip-Hop
2020's Country
  • Quote
Despite all of my (many and varied) reservations about his bizarrely quick rise and music press ubiquity, slowthai's album is fantastic, reminiscent of Skinnyman, Dizzee, and Jamie T (he was good once), laugh out loud funny, at once proud and embarrassed to be British, full of delightfully off-kilter flows and a manic, smirking delivery, and sonically aware of everything good about UK urban music in the last two generations. It deserves all the praise it has already begun to garner over here, and - despite its defiantly insular outlook - I'm sure it will garner Stateside. Well worth checking. It stands alongside the best UK rap albums ever made.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
craola wrote:
ethereal acoustic for fans of nicole dollanganger / grouper / cocteau twins / julee cruise / agnes obel


Stellar release. Definitely someone to keep an eye on... would love for the record to be a little more fleshed out (think 2007-2012 Grouper).

Quote:
Despite all of my (many and varied) reservations about his bizarrely quick rise and music press ubiquity, slowthai's album is fantastic, reminiscent of Skinnyman, Dizzee, and Jamie T (he was good once), laugh out loud funny, at once proud and embarrassed to be British, full of delightfully off-kilter flows and a manic, smirking delivery, and sonically aware of everything good about UK urban music in the last two generations. It deserves all the praise it has already begun to garner over here, and - despite its defiantly insular outlook - I'm sure it will garner Stateside. Well worth checking. It stands alongside the best UK rap albums ever made.


And yeah, it's in my queue. I was pretty impressed by Ladies' uniqueness. I look forward to seeing what he can whip up on an LP.


On a different front, the new Carly Rae Jepson and National records are pretty good, but clearly not their best. Haven't gotten around to watching the mini-movie The National whipped up, but I've heard phenomenal things about it.

IGOR however, has been quite a bit of fresh air. Really impressed with Tyler's confidence. The genre-twist is a little bit like what I imagine Gambino wanted Awaken My Love to be like (might be wrong, don't know the guy). Don't know if it's on par with Flower Boy yet, but definitely a strong second in his discography. Puts the nail in the coffin for my opinion that as a collective I don't think anything's come close to Odd Future's output this decade.

Which brings me to this sleeper:


Burd by Wilma Vritra

It's Pyramid Vritra x Wilma Archa, coming together for a pretty airy yet fresh hip-hop record. Can't believe I'm the only one who has it charted at this point.

EDIT: And New FlyLo leaked. Should get on that later today.
_________________
Doubles & Conch


Last edited by Hayden on 05/17/2019 17:18; edited 2 times in total
  • Quote
Tyler's artistic growth since Cherry Bomb has been immaculate.

Igor is essentially Flower Boy pt.2 and I'm feeling another 9/10 on this
_________________
Griselda, by Fashion Rebels
2020's Hip-Hop
2020's Country
  • Quote
...badass


Finding Gabriel by Brad Mehldau
  • Quote
Yo, this is pretty cool.


Osmos by New World Science
  • Quote
so far I've been mostly listening to FOTB by Vampire Weekend or Igor by Tyler. they are both great but I think they had better projects in their past.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 262728 ... 505152  Next
Page 27 of 52


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] (Closed)2015-2019 Play-in: Susanne Su... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 2: Radiohead... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
2019 live shows DanielNunes93 Music
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 1: Purple Mo... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 4: Kendrick ... babyBlueSedan Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.