CLOSED-Early 2010s Tourney Play-In: DakhaBraka v Orphaned

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Song?
DakhaBraka- Baby:
72%
 72%  [13]
Orphaned Land- From Broken Vessels:
27%
 27%  [5]
Total Votes : 18

  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
DhakaBraka seem cool, but their throwback, soulful, folky, mantra-rock seems to hide the fact that it's not very interesting behind a couple of textural changes. It's basically Alabama Shakes, right?


Maybe the opening couple of minutes but there's quite a stylistic shift within the song and loads of Balkan influence throughout, including the Ukranian vocals. I decided to go with their most commercially friendly track, since I think it has the most widespread appeal, but I think it's still pretty off to say it's just a throwback soul song in the Alabama Shakes realm considering how much outside influence is mixed in.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
Yes ๐Ÿ˜„ but havenโ€™t done it yet

I fairly liked the opening track Sapari and also From Broken Vessels caught my attention but after further listening to the album I couldn't really get into the long and winding sections of many of the tracks. The middle eastern atmosphere sometimes helps to make them more diverse but in many cases they don't really contribute a lot to the songs. So sorry, I tried.
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
I fairly liked the opening track Sapari and also From Broken Vessels caught my attention but after further listening to the album I couldn't really get into the long and winding sections of many of the tracks. The middle eastern atmosphere sometimes helps to make them more diverse but in many cases they don't really contribute a lot to the songs. So sorry, I tried.

Their next album in their discography, All Is One, is a bit more stripped down and linear if the long progressive things aren't to your liking.
  • Quote
Orphaned Land def seems like it would work better as part of an album (haven't heard yet) as I didn't really get much from it as an isolated track, while Baby was a bit more engaging on it's own right.
  • Quote
I don't know which song is better, but I definitely enjoy Baby more for aesthetic reasons.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
baby, baby, babeee, ohhhh- babeeee


Dakha 12-4

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED- Early 2010s Tourney Play-In: ... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- Early 2010s Tourney Play-In: ... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] Early 2010s Tourney Play-In: LCD Soun... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] Early 2010s Tourney Play-In: Run-Run-... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] Early 2010s tourney play-in: Janelle ... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.