Best Double and Triple Albums

Goto page Previous  123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Here are some of

King Jammy's Selectors Choice Vol. 1 by Various Artists
the 5s and 4.5s I have that span multiple CDs:


Morton Feldman: String Quartet No. 2 by FLUX Quartet


Iannis Xenakis (1922-2001) by Various Artists


The Complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961 by Bill Evans


Einstein On The Beach by Philip Glass

Fart Sounds - Over 2000 Farts (2 Hours) by Fart Fest


Salvatore Sciarrino: Orchestral Works b... Della RAI


Beethoven: The Late String Quartets by Alban Berg Quartett


The Dharma At Big Sur / My Father Knew Charles Ives by John Adams

Nature Denatured And Found Again by Michael Pisaro

Live In Europe 1967: The Bootleg Series Vol. 1 by Miles Davis Quintet

2 Ts For A Lovely T by The Feel Trio

Ella Fitzgerald Sings The Cole Porter Song Book by Ella Fitzgerald

Dick's Picks, Vol. 4: Fillmore East, New York, NY, 2/13-2/14/70 by Grateful Dead


The Central Park Concert by Dave Matthews Band

The 1930's Recordings Remastered And In Chronological Order by The Mills Brothers

Lifting Concrete Lightly by M.I.M.E.O.

Testament: A Conduction Collection by Lawrence Butch Morris


Island: Eine Sinfonie In 10 Sรคtzen by Hermann Nitsch

The Wall by Pink Floyd

Paysages Planรฉtaires by Henri Pousseur

Sleep by Max Richter

Lulu by Lou Reed & Metallica
  • Quote
The Who - Quadrophenia
The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
Miles Davis - Agharta
Keith Jarrett - The Kรถln Concert
Dan Fogelberg - The Innocent Age
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
Kamasi Washington - Heaven and Earth
Soft Machine - Third
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
Can - Tago Mago
  • Quote
Great picks!

Also reminds me I need to go listen to The Dharma At Big Sur... that's like the 4th time that's come up and I really should do it, but I'm in the middle of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis and then likely I'm going to get distracted cuz I suck at life.
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
Here are some of the 5s and 4.5s I have that span multiple CDs:

Fart Sounds - Over 2000 Farts (2 Hours) by Fart Fest


I'm sorry, dafuq?

Concur on a few of these though.

I'd also like to add Live/1975-85 by Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. I have this on vinyl and cassette, it's 5 LPs or 3 tapes.

Adding a few more that I've rated 4-5:
The Most Lamentable Tragedy by Titus Andronicus
Run The Jewels 3 by Run The Jewels
Blonde On Blonde by Bob Dylan
Hamilton: An American Musical by The Original Broadway Cast
Abattoir Blues/The Lyre Of Orpheus by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance by Belle And Sebastian
Jesus Christ Superstar (Original Concept Recording) by Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice
Live From The Royal Albert Hall by The Killers
Lost In The Dream by The War On Drugs
Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Epic by Kamasi Washington

hmm... not a ton of jazz double albums, might need some recs for that
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
EyeKanFly wrote:
Applerill wrote:
Here are some of the 5s and 4.5s I have that span multiple CDs:

Fart Sounds - Over 2000 Farts (2 Hours) by Fart Fest


I'm sorry, dafuq?


Here we go again... wack.

How many times have you listened to that album in full Applerill? 4.5 is high praise.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
My two favourites outside of classic rock cannon have been mentioned already, but I will second them: Have One On Me and 69 Love Songs. Both incredible, though very different, of course.
_________________
Top 40 Greatest Music Albums by indieshins
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
EyeKanFly wrote:
Applerill wrote:
Here are some of the 5s and 4.5s I have that span multiple CDs:

Fart Sounds - Over 2000 Farts (2 Hours) by Fart Fest


I'm sorry, dafuq?


Here we go again... wack.

How many times have you listened to that album in full Applerill? 4.5 is high praise.


After listening to the first half in confusion, I began to glimpse its hypnotic power 90 minutes in, and by the end was eager to hear it again, then once again, and I am not finished.
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
After listening to the first half in confusion, I began to glimpse its hypnotic power 90 minutes in, and by the end was eager to hear it again, then once again, and I am not finished.


๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
I mean... when people genuinely like things like 54 minutes of rustling paper then I suppose anything could be fascinating. Might have to give it a shot, wish me luck
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
The wall of Pink Floyd and Mellon Collie and the Infinite sadness of Smashing Pumpkins
  • Quote
NEIL YOUNG - DECADE

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123  Next
Page 2 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Best Triple Albums Error Finn Music
Triple J Hottest 100, 2010 Guest Music
2011 Album Poll (Triple J) videoheadcleaner Music
Genre and Double Album entries on the... RoundTheBend Suggestions
Double Albums: Trim the Fat Guest Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.