My Musical Musings by Johnnyo

Goto page Previous  123, 4 ... 171819  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
I have nearly 300 albums on my wish list which is ridiculous so Iโ€™m looking for help to pear the list down to a more manageable size. So I was thinking of posting some of them here any hoping that I can get some comments back on your thoughts about those albums. Here are the first three


Born Under A Bad Sign by Albert King


Thanks to all of those who commented or PMโ€™d me about this album. All of the comments were positive and I came across a copy yesterday so itโ€™s now joining my wife and my ever expanding albums collection.

Going to post another three albums shortly and any thoughts would be appreciated, good or not so good
  • Quote
I have nearly 300 albums on my wish list which is ridiculous so Iโ€™m looking for help to pear the list down to a more manageable size. So I was thinking of posting some of them here any hoping that I can get some comments back on your thoughts about those albums. Here are the next three


Beck Bogert & Appice by Beck Bogert & Appice


Fanny Hill by Fanny


The Restful Mind by Larry Coryell

Any comments good, bad or indifferent grateful received
  • Quote
So... you're actually going out and buying these in shops, on vinyl mostly? And you've got a list of 300 albums, at today's vinyl prices... I can see why you'd want to pare that down.

Anyway, I personally can't stand Larry Coryell of course, but "Fanny Hill" is a really good album, sort of like an all-female Badfinger (not least because they were both on Apple), and that's probably their best album. I'd forgotten all about it though โ€” I should put that on my new 1972 chart. (No opinion on Beck-Bogert-Appice, asย I don't think I've ever heard it/them.)

Good luck with all that! ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
MadhattanJack wrote:
So... you're actually going out and buying these in shops, on vinyl mostly? And you've got a list of 300 albums, at today's vinyl prices... I can see why you'd want to pare that down.

Anyway, I personally can't stand Larry Coryell of course, but "Fanny Hill" is a really good album, sort of like an all-female Badfinger (not least because they were both on Apple), and that's probably their best album. I'd forgotten all about it though โ€” I should put that on my new 1972 chart. (No opinion on Beck-Bogert-Appice, asย I don't think I've ever heard it/them.)

Good luck with all that! :)


Thanks for taking the time to comment madhattanjack. Yes, I buy exclusively vinyl so you can see my dilemma. Fanny hill is a definite for me now as someone also PMโ€™d me to say how good it was. I do like a bit of Larry Coryell but an acquired taste. He did an album called


Fairyland by Larry Coryell

Which is far more rock orientated which I really like so thatโ€™s why an album or two of his are on my list. I like to experiment a bit. Some pay off, some donโ€™t. Anyway, Iโ€™ll be posting more from time to time so any more thoughts would be appreciated
  • Quote
Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this from my wish list


Sky Trails by David Crosby


Son Of Walter by The Bevis Frond


My One And Only Thrill by Melody Gardot
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
I have nearly 300 albums on my wish list which is ridiculous so Iโ€™m looking for help to pear the list down to a more manageable size. So I was thinking of posting some of them here any hoping that I can get some comments back on your thoughts about those albums. Here are the next three


Fanny Hill by Fanny


So, thanks for the comments and PMโ€™s for this album. Overwhelmingly positive feedback so on the hunt for this one.
  • Quote
There more albums for your comment. Should I keep these on my wishlist / are they worth buying?


Elwan by Tinariwen


Sisyphus by Cold Blood


The Second by Steppenwolf
  • Quote
[quote="Johnnyo"]Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this from my wish list


Son Of Walter by The Bevis Frond

I have nearly 20 albums of The Bevis Frond (in fact the moniker of Nick Saloman) on my playlist (all discovered in the last few years) and he's become one of my personal favorites and has even become better on his most recent album with a very focused guitar playing style I really like. And you know what: this album is the most recent album of his I haven't listened to yet so it's definitely for my wishlist. I'm fairly sure you and I will like it.
  • Quote
[quote="Johnnyo"]There more albums for your comment. Should I keep these on my wishlist / are they worth buying?


Elwan by Tinariwen

Now bought so no comments needed for this one. Really like it
  • Quote
[quote="dihansse"]
Johnnyo wrote:
Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this from my wish list


Son Of Walter by The Bevis Frond

I have nearly 20 albums of The Bevis Frond (in fact the moniker of Nick Saloman) on my playlist (all discovered in the last few years) and he's become one of my personal favorites and has even become better on his most recent album with a very focused guitar playing style I really like. And you know what: this album is the most recent album of his I haven't listened to yet so it's definitely for my wishlist. I'm fairly sure you and I will like it.


Hi Dihansse, thanks for commenting. Iโ€™ve loved the frond since the late 80โ€™s and this album passed me by hence The question. Iโ€™ve seen nick play probably half a dozen times and always a great live act. My top three frond Albums would probably be


New River Head by The Bevis Frond


Valedictory Songs by The Bevis Frond


Vavona Burr by The Bevis Frond

Good hunting for more bevis gems.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, 4 ... 171819  Next
Page 3 of 19


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Hazey's Musings on Melodic Motifs - S... HazeyTwilight Music Diaries
Four Girls Fingerpaint >: Contrari... cestuneblague Music Diaries
RRโ€™s Random Music Musings Roadrunner14 Music Diaries
Embarrasing musical moments :oops: Ozzy0 Music
Musical Baby Name Guest Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.