Top Ranked Bands -- Currently Making Music

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Xavygravy wrote:
I don't get this 'fathers' thing.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus_complex

Replace father, with idolized artists (whether today or 500 years ago), and anyone from a budding musician to almost idolized.
  • Quote
Two of my current favs not on that list are hot chip and girl talk.
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!
  • Quote
Pearl Jam!!!
  • Quote
WillWill1989 wrote:
I would put PJ Harvey higher up


I would agree- that is part of the reason why I listed this- I think Foo Fighters should be higher. Dave Grohl has his finger in so many things. Their Wasting Light album was their first number 1 album (not that that matters) and shows they aren't dead yet.

I think when we take out greats like the stones, beatles, bowie, etc. all the obvious greats- it puts the rest possibly in a different light or is valued differently.
  • Quote
Good idea but incredibly biased and poorly executed. And people are arguing with 'Top Ranked Bands' on BEA. Okay, you can say it should change but asking why, well people put it on their charts. The original poster is not going to change it. ๐Ÿ˜•

What are we even talking about here?
  • Quote
an_outlaw wrote:
Good idea but incredibly biased and poorly executed. And people are arguing with 'Top Ranked Bands' on BEA. Okay, you can say it should change but asking why, well people put it on their charts. The original poster is not going to change it. ๐Ÿ˜•

What are we even talking about here?


I didn't want to change anything- I just wanted a clear picture of which of those artists are still creating music. I didn't realize that taking off paul simon and lou reed would've gotten the attention instead of discussing the greats of our current time. In my opinion I think Lou Reed and Paul Simon are the greats of an earlier time period. History won't write much about them as artists in the 2000s compared to 60s/70s, etc. I guess this idea wasn't grasped very well.

What we are talking about here are musicians that are still creating music that will be recognized as music from the 2000s in the history of music. Music historians won't be categorizing the 2000s as a time of Paul Simon or Lou Reed.

If we put our history behind us and focus on just what is out there right now, who would we like to be on the list?

Got a better way of executing it? This is a discussion, so by all means let us know. You said it was a good idea, so you understand the merit. Maybe you can convey it better.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
Re-arrange your BEA Top Ranked Bands RoundTheBend Music
THE BEA (NOT IN TOP 20 RANKED BANDS) ... Wombi Music
Top-Ranked Bands RFNAPLES Suggestions
The 2012 Charts Currently Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.