Album of the day (#399): Let England Shake by P.J. Harvey

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
good, but nowhere near her '90s work
  • Quote
purple wrote:
good, but nowhere near her '90s work


i agree about Dry and Is This Desire? being better ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
It was okay. It's listenable. However, it's a far cry of what she used to do.
_________________
Speakers of the House DJ
  • Quote
Together with White Chalk her weakest album.
_________________
The only thing worse than bad memories is no memories at all.
  • Quote
I wasn't going to say anything in particular, but as I feel I'm the only one around here to think it's her best with Dry, I'll defend this record, which is the best I've heard this year (but I haven't heard that many, as I'm no music fan at all and don't know why I'm on a music site in the first place).

I think PJ Harvey has got to a point where she can release more or less what she will, she'll sell. After a decade or so of fumbling about what she was going to do after Is This Desire?, she finally comes up with what could be very weel be the sum of her previous experiments. The delicacy of White Chalk (which in my opinion was a misfire, I never got into it - but it was a good misfire, inasmuch as it made her question what she was doing) with the anger, somewhat toned down and tamed, of her early works. Not one weak song, delicious production work. After one decade of not caring too much, I find myself really looking forward to the next step in her adventures.
  • Quote
I like this. I like it a lot. ๐Ÿ˜„

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
World album of the day (#399): Salvat... albummaster Music
the shake ffudnebbuh Music
[ Poll ] BDAT Rd. 1 - Let Live and Let G... vs... Guest Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.