Minor annoyances/usability issues

Goto page Previous  123 ... 1617, 181920  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
  • โค๏ธ AAL2014, โค๏ธ Cheddar
Fix deployed for the above two issues. Thanks again for reporting and apologies for delay.
_________________
Bluesky ยท Facebook ยท Spotify ยท X
  • Quote
With the new format on the album pages, it's more difficult to see if an album is in the wish list, collection, listened and favorites.

Would it be possible for those boxes to be highlighted by a solid color if I have them flagged instead of just saying "remove from____"? I have a lot of albums in my collection (and wish list). It would be great if those boxes were easier to identify if marked or not.

Thanks!
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
  • โค๏ธ Romanelli
Romanelli wrote:
With the new format on the album pages, it's more difficult to see if an album is in the wish list, collection, listened and favorites.

Would it be possible for those boxes to be highlighted by a solid color if I have them flagged instead of just saying "remove from____"? I have a lot of albums in my collection (and wish list). It would be great if those boxes were easier to identify if marked or not.

Thanks!

Thanks for this, scheduled something similar to be worked on as part of the next site update. Trying to make it more obvious that an album exists in collection etc. Thinking of moving the collection options into the info panel on top of album page so don't need to scroll down to find it (& keep the existing feedback area purely for comments)
_________________
Bluesky ยท Facebook ยท Spotify ยท X
  • Quote
Cool! Thanks!

I was also thinking (too much time on my hands) ๐Ÿคก

It's cool that we have mentions on forum posts. What if we took it one step further? What if, when someone quotes a user in a post, it could create an automatic mention? Quoting someone is like directly responding to their post, so why not let them know in the form of a mention? They would get a notification that someone is quoting them, and they might want to see what that is about, and maybe respond back? And if they don't like it, they can opt out of the notifications.

Sometimes, I think too much...
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:
Cool! Thanks!

I was also thinking (too much time on my hands) ๐Ÿคก

It's cool that we have mentions on forum posts. What if we took it one step further? What if, when someone quotes a user in a post, it could create an automatic mention? Quoting someone is like directly responding to their post, so why not let them know in the form of a mention? They would get a notification that someone is quoting them, and they might want to see what that is about, and maybe respond back? And if they don't like it, they can opt out of the notifications.

Sometimes, I think too much...

Thanks for the idea. I did consider doing that, but an explicit mention carries the intent to notify someone, whereas quoting someone doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to get their attention. (Also, if you're posting in a thread, people who've already commented will generally get a reply notification anyway if they're subscribed to the thread).
_________________
Bluesky ยท Facebook ยท Spotify ยท X
  • Quote
Dark Mode issue: I really like Dark Mode and Iโ€™m going to use it going forward, but one small thing I noticed is that top comments on an album (highlighted comments) are blocked out because of the highlighted format.
_________________
Attention all planets of the solar federation: We have assumed control.
  • Quote
AAL2014 wrote:
Dark Mode issue: I really like Dark Mode and Iโ€™m going to use it going forward, but one small thing I noticed is that top comments on an album (highlighted comments) are blocked out because of the highlighted format.

Thanks for reporting the issue, added to list. Dark mode still a bit rough around the edges, intend to fix the worst quirks over the next few updates.
_________________
Bluesky ยท Facebook ยท Spotify ยท X
  • Quote
  • ๐Ÿ˜จ albummaster
Hmm... the new Rebecca Black album (released today) is appearing as the AOTD on my home pageโ€”

Unless it's just a very odd random coincidence, I haven't a clue why or what's doing that in the back-end, butโ€”
_________________
Doubles & Conch


Last edited by Hayden on 09/05/2026 07:59; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
I don't want to seem greedy or anything, but is there any chance of someday implementing limited BBCode tags for individual chart-item annotations as well?

(That's what I had been hoping for, anyway.)
  • Quote
MadhattanJack wrote:
I don't want to seem greedy or anything, but is there any chance of someday implementing limited BBCode tags for individual chart-item annotations as well?

(That's what I had been hoping for, anyway.)

Thatโ€™s planned for the next update (want to see how comment formatting beds in first and pick up any issues before widening the scope) - formatting in chart notes and for each item. Either late September or October, depending on what happens in-between.
_________________
Bluesky ยท Facebook ยท Spotify ยท X


Last edited by albummaster on 09/04/2026 21:10; edited 1 time in total

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 1617, 181920  Next
Page 17 of 20


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Just a minor question Skinny Suggestions
Minor flaw with charts Borve Baunehoj Suggestions
World album of the day (#523): Minor ... albummaster Music
Minor 2012 housecleaning ShaneSpear Suggestions
Hey Jude: original in MINOR scale! RFNAPLES Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.