Going to my first Rockies game tomorrow! Looking forward to it, and I certainly won't be rooting for the Astros _________________ 51 Washington, D.C. albums!
Going to my first Rockies game tomorrow! Looking forward to it, and I certainly won't be rooting for the Astros
Hey, cool! You'll love the stadium. It's a fun place.
If you're so inclined, stop by section 129-30 on the main concourse. I work that spot as an usher. _________________ I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
1. The Rockies are a LOT better than last year.
2. Pray that cooler heads prevail, and that we get to have baseball in 2027. _________________ I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
cestuneblagueOtana, but No HitoProfile Straight Outta Ballard
Well good riddance that regular season is over, when all the Mariners needed to be was the bottom of average they still couldn't even muster those low expectations. Not a great look for a league a team with a non-winning season won a division, American League was... not good this year. Anyways don't have much of a pony in the playoffs, would be Nice to see Brewers take it all, though an all-Chicago WS is a nice pipe dream. For the love of Jased Gawd don't let it be Dodgers-Astros.
I would like to personally thank the Philadelphia Phillies for winning yesterday. This win insures that the Arizona Diamondbacks are officially eliminated from the 2026 MLB playoffs.
Why is this meaningful to me? This means that Nolan Arenado will not play in the postseason. This means that he has still played more postseason games for the Rockies (5) than with other teams (3), despite his forcing a devastating trade from Colorado because he wanted to win. Which he has not done in his 6 years since he left.
This also means that Arenado still has some of the worst postseason numbers in MLB history. His career postseason batting average is .152. On base percentage? .143. OPS? .385. He is 5 for 33 with one extra base hit and 9 strikeouts.
Thanks to the Phillies for keeping his legacy intact.
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
_________________ I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
The animosity towards Arenado runs deep, haha. I would like to thank the Phillies for eliminating the Diamondbacks simply because the Phillies are my team! They made it tough on themselves and the fans by losing four straight, but they finally clinched on the last day. Disaster avoided.
Now how about the playoffs? Prediction time:
Phillies at Braves - I know my team very well. I know we're capable of winning this series. We have the best rotation in all of MLB with 3 top 10 starters. With Wheeler, Sanchez, and Luzardo, we can take on anybody. Outside of Chris Sale, the Braves don't have another ace starting pitcher. However, Philly's hitting and the bullpen are unreliable. Sometimes we'll average 6+ runs/game for a stretch, other times we'll average 1-2. And boy was it frustrating how many times one of our aces left the game with a lead, only for the pen to cough it up. It doesn't give me confidence for a deep playoff run. It also hurts not having Arraez in the roster this series. Still, if we get hot today through Thursday and knock our division nemesis out of the playoffs for the 3rd time in 5 years, I'll take it! Speaking of the Braves, they are better on paper. Stronger bullpen, more consistent lineup. They've had more time to prep for this series, and they have home field advantage. My heart is with the Fightin' Phils, but my brain says the Braves will win this series.
Cubs at Padres - I'm going with Padres here. Stronger pitching. An offense that came alive in the last month, propelling them to a hot finish. Meanwhile, the Cubs had a mediocre September. If it's a clash of momentum and home/away splits, San Diego has the clear advantage. Of course, the Cubs are perfectly capable of winning this series. PCA, Bregman, Suzuki...they have the best offense in MLB. I would not be surprised if they made a deep run. Again, though, the recent eye test favors San Diego.
Red Sox at Yankees - It's unfortunate that the best rivalry in the AL will be hampered by injuries to the lineup. No Aaron Judge at all. Yoshida, Stanton, Contreras are on the rosters but all question marks as to how much they can contribute. So I guess this comes down to pitching? That's still a close call. Yankees have better starters with Schlittler, Fried, and Cole. But the Sox rotation is no slouch (Gray and Tolle), and they have Chapman as their closer. So if they have a lead late in the game, Chapman will likely shut the door. This is a tough call. I'm leaning towards the Red Sox. I think Judge is the biggest injury absence this series, plus the Sox were actually better on the road this year than at Fenway. Yeah, I'll predict Boston (Personally, I don't like either team, and I hope whoever wins gets whooped by the Rays.).
White Sox at Astros - Gosh I wish that was a typo, but no it's not. A .500 team is hosting a playoff series. We mentioned the D-backs above. Decent team, but the 7th best team in a 6-team NL playoff field. However their 86-76 record is better than not 1, not 2, but 3 AL playoff teams. Furthermore, thanks to the format of 3 vs 6, winner plays 2 seed, between the White Sox, Astros, and Guardians, one of them will reach as far as the ALCS. Ugh. The AL Central and West were so bad this year. It should prompt MLB to re-think the playoff structure because it isn't fair that one of those teams will one of four left standing, while the D-backs have already packed up for vacation. Oh right, I'm supposed to make a prediction instead of ranting. Um, White Sox
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum