Your Favourite Work(s) of Art? (Anything you consider art)

Goto page Previous  123
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
also, anyone familiar with John Fahey: read the last few lines from Part III of Dry Salvages.
  • Quote
teodor_matz wrote:
Favourite Food:
A couple of days i started eating meat again after being a vegetarian for a couple of years so right now it's meat


Welcome back to PETA...People Eating Tasty Animals ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
<(: @ :)>
  • Quote
Elston wrote :
Quote:
Favourite Poem:
Burnt Norton - T.S. Eliot (from Four Quartets)


5 days ago I finished a compilation of poems by T.S. Eliot, including "The Waste Land", "Four Quartets"...
They're amazing! I keep coming back to them. Quite complex stuff, multilayered, with many references in the text, but utterly beautiful (and depressing).
  • Quote
They're indeed amazing. He's one of the best discoveries I've made this year along with Friedrich Nietzsche, Andrei Tarkovsky, Camille Paglia and a few others perhaps. I'm finding The Waste Land to be very complex and nearly impenetrable, though still fascinating. I'm liking Four Quartets a lot more. Very profound and beautiful and full of lots of astonishing wisdom.
  • Quote
Favourite Album:
"Pink Moon" by Nick Drake

Favourite Song:
"Move On Up" by Curtis Mayfield

Favourite Painting:
The Garden of Delights by Hieronymus Bosch

Favourite Food:
Le saucisson sec

Favourite Quote:
"Eeverybody's clever nowadays" - Wilde.

Favourite Novel
Just about anything from Dostoรฏevski, most notably The Damned

Favourite Poem
"Le Dormeur du Val" - Rimbaud

Favourite Movie
Citizen Kane

Favourite Video Game
I'm not into videogames at all.

Favourite Beverage
Chรขteauneuf-du-Pape while eating
Hautes Cรดtes de Nuit before
Calva after

Favourite Building
I really don't know.
  • Quote
Lots of cultured folks on this board!

favourite album
ehhhhh- something in my top 50... right this second its Odyssey and Oracle by the Zombies

favourite song
eeeeshhh- A Day in the Life? Surf's Up? Goodbye Yellow Brick Road?

favourite paintings
Renoir- Bal du Moulin de la Galette
Chagall - I and the Village
De Kooning - The Excavation
Titian- Venus and Adonis
Fitzgerald- the Painter's Dream

favourite food
I love a good Mattar Paneer dish, Falafel sandwich, or a medium rare steak.

favourite quote
"Your move, creep" - Robocop

favourite novel
Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake -Joyce
Moby Dick - Melville

Favourite poem
The Waste Land, lots of Eliot

favourite movie
Robocop, Blue Velvet

favourite video game
Sonic 2 - Sega Genesis

favourite beverage
Beer of all kinds and splendors - especially Red Stripe

favourite building
Sears Tower! Now the Willis Tower ๐Ÿ™ - Chicago!
  • Quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Favourite Album:
(check out my chart)
Nirvana-In Utero

Favourite Song (s):
Stooges- Wanna be your Dog
but...
Nirvana- Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
Wire- Low Down
Black Flag- Damaged I all come damn close

Favourite Painting (s):
anything by post-impressionist painters makes me gasm, but if I had to pick a couple it would be...
Cezanne- Portrait of Chocquet
Cezanne- Joachim Gasquet
Van Gogh- (either of his) Irises

Favourite Food:
saag

Favourite Quote:


Favourite Novel (s):
Herman Melville- Moby Dick
but...
Nathaniel Hawthorne- House of the Seven Gables
Cormac McCarthy- Blood Meridian
Bronte- Wuthering Heights
William Faulkner- Sound and the Fury
all come close

Favourite Poem
Robert Frost-Mending Wall

Favourite Movie
Raging Bull

Favourite Video Game
ICO/ Shadow of the Colossus

Favourite Beverage
Water and wine and daiquiris (real ones, w/ just lime, rum and sugar)

Favourite Building
the Buffalo, NY police station? (art deco)
  • Quote
Favourite Album
Never changes in my chart: The Cure - Disintegration

Favourite Song:
Hard to decide but between:
- Doves - The Storm
- The Cure - Fascination Street
- Radiohead - How To Disappear Completely

Favourite Artwork
:
Eye by MC Escher

Favourite Quote:
"Let's not do that, and say we did." - Anon.

Favourite Novel
:
War Of The Worlds by HG Wells

Favourite Play:
The Dumb Waiter by Harold Pinter

Favourite Movie

Comedy - Clue; Drama - Donnie Darko; Thriller - North By Northwest

Favourite Video Game
ICC 2002

Favourite Beverage
Johnnie Walker

Favourite Building/Landmark
Adelaide Oval
  • Quote
@maxperenchio : did you really get to the end of Finnegan's Wake ? As much as I love Joyce, I never could.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
@maxperenchio : did you really get to the end of Finnegan's Wake ? As much as I love Joyce, I never could.


I focused on Joyce when I was in college, and I still love reading him. The first time I read the Wake I used "A Skeleton Key" by Campbell as a guide to keep me motivated, which was worth it! From the viewpoint of the semantic, meta-historical and meta-mythic its in a class of its own. One of the great pleasures of world literature If you've got the patience. Its kind of a drag that many people associate it with the overly-erudite or snobbish.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123
Page 3 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Would you need a day off work if your... thomas697 Music
Anyone want to work with music / alre... Guest Lounge
Your favourite song from favourite al... SingingPeasant96 Music
Would you consider Guest Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.