Valentine's Day post: Best Love Song

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Man there are so many...

My personal favorite though....

Link
  • Quote
A personal fave.


Link

_________________
A dick that's bigger than the sun.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Quote
A little late for valentines day, but this is one of my favorite covers of my very favorite love song.


Link
  • Quote

Link


Perfection itself?
  • Quote
I was at a pub last night with my girlfriend - they were playing the usual expected valentines mush (coldplay, some feeder) and then this came on - i had to laugh!

Link

_________________
"Bunch of opinionated, hipster twats!"
  • Quote
This is without doubt the greatest love song ever written


Link
  • Quote
I'm one of those weirdos who are against celebrating Valentine's and the likes ๐Ÿ˜œ
BUT if you want to discuss love songs, one which is defitely worth a mention comes from an unlikely source.
You know Nick Cave.
His lyrics are full of violence, addictions and biblical catastrophy.
But one of the first times that he decided to sit down and write a REAL love song, he came up with a (imho) masterpiece


Link
  • Quote
I don't believe in an interventionist God
But I know, darling, that you do
But if I did I would kneel down and ask Him
Not to intervene when it came to you
Not to touch a hair on your head
To leave you as you are
And if He felt He had to direct you
Then direct you into my arms

Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms

And I don't believe in the existence of angels
But looking at you I wonder if that's true
But if I did I would summon them together
And ask them to watch over you
To each burn a candle for you
To make bright and clear your path
And to walk, like Christ, in grace and love
And guide you into my arms

Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms

And I believe in Love
And I know that you do too
And I believe in some kind of path
That we can walk down, me and you
So keep your candlew burning
And make her journey bright and pure
That she will keep returning
Always and evermore

Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms

Nick Cave
  • Quote

Link



Link



Link
  • Quote
Blood, Sweat & Tears /You've Made Me So Very Happy
and
this the greatest love song, ever:

Edith Piaf/Hymne ร  l'amour
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGpsnTCUXM

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Song Quote Suggestions JohnnyRocketFingers Suggestions
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] CLSD2025 Song T: Ayleen Valentine v C... cestuneblague Tournaments
CLOSED-Best Punk/Post-Punk song tourn... Borve Baunehoj Tournaments
World album of the day (#353): Saint ... albummaster Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.