Best AND most disastrous reunions

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I agree that the Smashing Pumpkins have been largely inconsistent
BUT
Am I the only one who believes that Teargarden by Kaleidyscope is actually a return to the good albums?
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:
junodog4 wrote:
After Steven Tyler nearly killed himself in a motorbike accident, Joe Perry and Brad Whitford visited him in the hospital, laying the groundwork for an Aerosmith reunion. While their 70s work is better, they still produced quality work after getting back together.




The thing with Aerosmith, though, is that they never actually broke up, and they never stopped making albums even with Perry & Whitford gone.


I suppose... They never did completely breakup, but you could make a similar (best less viable) case about Guns and Roses (kept going, but without their original line-up). Aerosmith was dead without their guitar players. Have you heard the crap they released then? (Rock in a Hard Place) Joe Perry was gone for 5 years, and Aerosmith was spiraling to oblivion without him and Whitford. I'd still call it a reunion.
  • Quote
junodog4 wrote:
Romanelli wrote:
junodog4 wrote:
After Steven Tyler nearly killed himself in a motorbike accident, Joe Perry and Brad Whitford visited him in the hospital, laying the groundwork for an Aerosmith reunion. While their 70s work is better, they still produced quality work after getting back together.




The thing with Aerosmith, though, is that they never actually broke up, and they never stopped making albums even with Perry & Whitford gone.


I suppose... They never did completely breakup, but you could make a similar (best less viable) case about Guns and Roses (kept going, but without their original line-up). Aerosmith was dead without their guitar players. Have you heard the crap they released then? (Rock in a Hard Place) Joe Perry was gone for 5 years, and Aerosmith was spiraling to oblivion without him and Whitford. I'd still call it a reunion.



True. And I'd say more so that GNR. GNR has been Axel hoarding the band name while spending over a decade trying to record what was basically a bad solo album. Axel had none of the original lineup...Tyler at least had the original rhythm section still around.
  • Quote
demetrios wrote:
I agree that the Smashing Pumpkins have been largely inconsistent
BUT
Am I the only one who believes that Teargarden by Kaleidyscope is actually a return to the good albums?


I like em. I mean I guess the idea of a band reunion is that a band reunites. And well that failed for the pumpkins, but I liked Zeitgeist (especially the new style of vocals) and think Teargarden is awesome.
  • Quote
sethmadsen wrote:
demetrios wrote:
I agree that the Smashing Pumpkins have been largely inconsistent
BUT
Am I the only one who believes that Teargarden by Kaleidyscope is actually a return to the good albums?


I like em. I mean I guess the idea of a band reunion is that a band reunites. And well that failed for the pumpkins, but I liked Zeitgeist (especially the new style of vocals) and think Teargarden is awesome.


that's interesting, for me the vocals were the major turn-off. While Billy doesn't exactly have the voice of an angel, it is the sound of the band, but the way the back-up harmonies/vocals were done made his voice more annoying than it should have been. I would have preferred them to be slightly more subtle, or even done by someone else (D'arcy & James did do backup vocals on a few songs on Mellon Collie as far as i know)...
_________________
"Bunch of opinionated, hipster twats!"

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Reunions and the State of Popular Music Guest Music
most overrated bands and albums maxxy Lounge
Most overrated and underrated album o... DJTommy Music
New Advice thread with Sursh and a mo... cestuneblague Lounge
Most unfamiliar with 87, 88 and 89. R... ExTeaSea Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.