Album of the day (#1264): The Black Parade

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 2006.
Country:
Overall rank: 378
Average rating: 67/100 (from 253 votes).



Tracks:
1. The End.
2. Dead!
3. This Is How I Disappear
4. The Sharpest Lives
5. Welcome To The Black Parade
6. I Don't Love You
7. House Of Wolves
8. Cancer
9. Mama
10. Sleep
11. Teenagers
12. Disenchanted
13. Famous Last Words

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
Oh dear... It's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me even though I recognize everything that's wrong with it. Though what baffles me, like with everyone else, is how it managed to enter the top 500.
_________________
  • Quote
Some of the best fans in music received here what is considered the best album by the band. This album may have saved and defined more lives than some albums in the top 100 on this website.

Truly a top album.
  • Quote
It's the most ambitious of the MCR records (lots of Queen, Beatles, etc. influence going on here) and it's better than their previous records and maybe on par with their one after. Not something I revisit often though.
  • Quote
I listened to this about a year ago. I think it's the only album, to literally give me a headache. That's quite a feat. Needless to say this album is annoying as shit.
  • Quote
I really, really, really like this album. After so many years, I can't bring myself to love it, but it's quite qood, great in parts. Deserving of its spot for sure.

Track picks
5. Welcome To The Black Parade
6. I Don't Love You
7. House Of Wolves
9. Mama
12. Disenchanted
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
HoldenM wrote:
I really, really, really like this album. After so many years, I can't bring myself to love it, but it's quite qood, great in parts. Deserving of its spot for sure.

Track pick
5. Welcome To The Black Parade


This, however I disagree with an_outlaw in that the majority of My Chemical Romance's "hardcore fans" are irritating.
  • Quote
I think this albums bloody awful, but the title track is just spectacular in its utter OTTness.
_________________
Romanelli wrote:
We're all fucked, lads.
  • Quote
MCR is probably the best of that mid-00s triforce of super popular, yet super polarizing bands with Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco. I actually enjoy most of Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge (especially Helena), but I don't get this at all really. I especially don't like Teenagers.
  • Quote
Brilliant pop, I love it. I'm tempted to say it's a guilty pleasure, but I'm not sure I really feel guilty about it.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
World album of the day (#162): Black ... albummaster Music
World album of the day (#535): Black ... albummaster Music
World album of the day (#302): Black ... albummaster Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.