I agree with pretty much all of them. Although I'm not a fan, I don't think Primus deserves to be on the list and The Doors are always a controversial pick. It's true that some of Jim Morrison's lyrics are pretentious, but they were a really good band musically, so I disagree with that one. I would have put Richard Marx much higher on the list (top 10 probably) The writer left off Bryan Adams and Nickelback. How is that possible? I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks Live sucked. Also, where was Hootie and the Blowfish? If you're going to include Toad the Wet Sprocket, you have to include Hootie, as well. What about Candlebox? They were sort of an awful early harbinger of what was to come with the likes of Creed. I've heard the Goo Goo Dolls started off decent and only got lame with their second or third album. Still, that might have been enough to put them on the list. The late 90's was a bad time for mainstream music--so many crappy bands.
i agree with most of it, but the doors? really? AND kansas and ELP? wtf?
For a lot of music fans, especially critics, self-important prog / art rock usually= bad music.
dude, im not saying their great or anything, but there have been MUCH worse than kansas and ELP. and i agree with your first post; nickelback and hootie and the blowfish deserve to be on thist list much more than kansas or ELP do
i agree with most of it, but the doors? really? AND kansas and ELP? wtf?
For a lot of music fans, especially critics, self-important prog / art rock usually= bad music.
dude, im not saying their great or anything, but there have been MUCH worse than kansas and ELP. and i agree with your first post; nickelback and hootie and the blowfish deserve to be on thist list much more than kansas or ELP do
I can agree with that. I think the author wanted a fair amount of variety covering different genres and periods of music. Honestly though, do you really think "Dust in the Wind" is a good song?
Pretty good list. ELP is dreadful. I would not have picked The Doors though, even if Morrison's lyrics are really laughable sometimes. I think Arrested Development was not that bad either.
i agree with most of it, but the doors? really? AND kansas and ELP? wtf?
For a lot of music fans, especially critics, self-important prog / art rock usually= bad music.
dude, im not saying their great or anything, but there have been MUCH worse than kansas and ELP. and i agree with your first post; nickelback and hootie and the blowfish deserve to be on thist list much more than kansas or ELP do
I can agree with that. I think the author wanted a fair amount of variety covering different genres and periods of music. Honestly though, do you really think "Dust in the Wind" is a good song?
yeah i do. is it overrated? of course, but its a decent song. also, where the hell are justin bieber and the jonas brothers??
i agree with most of it, but the doors? really? AND kansas and ELP? wtf?
For a lot of music fans, especially critics, self-important prog / art rock usually= bad music.
dude, im not saying their great or anything, but there have been MUCH worse than kansas and ELP. and i agree with your first post; nickelback and hootie and the blowfish deserve to be on thist list much more than kansas or ELP do
I can agree with that. I think the author wanted a fair amount of variety covering different genres and periods of music. Honestly though, do you really think "Dust in the Wind" is a good song?
yeah i do. is it overrated? of course, but its a decent song. also, where the hell are justin bieber and the jonas brothers??
I think teen pop artists might have been left off because they are usually here today and gone tomorrow, and therefore not as musically harmful as some. Also, the Disney artists aren't as ubiquitous as some of the others on the list (they're easily avoidable unless you have children). Another reason might be that they're too new.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum