[Closed] Best of 1974 2AS: In the Dark vs. Fear

View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which do you like better?
In the Dark, by Toots & the Maytals:
20%
 20%  [2]
Fear, by John Cale:
80%
 80%  [8]
Total Votes : 10

  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
In the Dark isn't exactly prime Toots, but it does contain 'Time Tough', the lovely 'Revolution', and that thoroughly enjoyable version of 'Country Roads'. Not entirely sure why they felt the need to tack on '54-46', especially given the song had first been released five or six years earlier, but it's difficult to argue that the band's best song and defining moment in any way worsens the album.... Easy decision for me here.


RepoMan wrote:
Anyways, it may not be "prime" Maytalls, but it's still pretty kickass. I will have to check out their prime stuff at some point (any recs?) because this is just what I need right now. Like popping a quick-acting Valium. And it doesn't leave you groggy in the morning.

In the Dark



In The Dark by Toots & The Maytals

Silver wrote:
I haven't really been keeping up with the tourney that much but I'm popping in here to vote for Fear because if any album deserves to go on it's that one. Early BOC is actually pretty solid though, nothing I love but not something I abhor either.


sp4cetiger wrote:
Fear may be my actual favorite Cale album. Too steep a hill for Secret Treaties.


Norman Bates wrote:
Fear. It's a man's best friend.



Fear by John Cale


Last edited by Listmeister on 09/08/2014 16:11; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Thank God. Finally a choice that's easy. It's almost refreshing to listen to a regular old, three to four star album such as In The Dark after the spate of masterpieces we've been listening to. LOL. I like In The Dark a lot. It's a great record to kick back and drink some beers to. It's just not on the same level as Peace & Love.

Anyways, this one's easy for me because Fear may indeed be Cale's best. Like even better than Paris 1919. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Fear. I predict this will be a landslide.
  • Quote
It's been said before: "Fear. It's a man's best friend."
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote
Maybe now is the time to elaborate on my love for Fear, I might do so later on tonight when I've come over my renewed astonishment at the fatigue that the first full day of class is. Or maybe next round if Cale pulls through.
  • Quote
Fear
  • Quote
Hmm, two albums I enjoy quite a bit but certainly don't love. Will probably throw my vote to the underdog, but I'm not overly passionate about this matchup tbh.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Lights off for In the Dark. Or, I guess, on, because then it wouldn't be dark anymore. Anyway

Fear 8-2

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best of 1974 3BC: Fear vs. V... Listmeister Tournaments
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best of 1974 1Z: Fear vs. S... Listmeister Tournaments
[ Poll ] What is the best song on Fear Inoculum? PrettyFly4ABiGuy Music
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best of 1974 1U: Unrest vs. ... Listmeister Tournaments
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best of 1974 3BD: No Other v... Listmeister Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.