[Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: Johnny Marr vs. Kevin Shields

Goto page 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which guitarist?
Johnny Marr:
45%
 45%  [15]
Kevin Shields:
54%
 54%  [18]
Total Votes : 33

  • Quote
Johnny Marr (of The Smiths)

Nominated by alelsupreme




vs.


Kevin Shields (of My Bloody Valentine)

Nominated by MrFrogger


_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums


Last edited by RockyRaccoon on 09/27/2014 14:26; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
BEA might implode on itself
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Johnny Marr
  • Quote
Shields has 4 times as many votes as Marr? You're kidding ...

I know alel probably has a right and proper post, but let's just remember the variety this guy has:


Link



Link



Link



Link



Link



Link



Link


Yeah, Shields is good. Marr's a god. This is like Reinhardt vs. Justin Vernon. This is like Berry vs. Lissack. This just shouldn't be close.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
I love Johnny Marr but would never even think of taking him over Shields.
  • Quote
I might take the Smiths over MBV, but Shields is an absolute beast. No contest.
  • Quote
Marr by Farr
  • Quote
Don't get me wrong, Marr is pretty good. However, I don't think that he's particularly amazing. For ex. The most intriguing song he's played guitar on (for me) is dashboard and that mayhaps took 10 minutes to replicate it when learning to play it on guitar. Simply speaking, I don't think he's overly skilled in regards to actually playing the instrument, but he certainly has some creativity going on. Of course, I think Kevin Shields is monumentally more creative than Johnny Marr so vote to Mr. Shields (of course, I'd take Nels Cline over either of these guys).
  • Quote
Kevin
  • Quote
Happymeal wrote:
The most intriguing song he's played guitar on (for me) is dashboard and that mayhaps took 10 minutes to replicate it when learning to play it on guitar.


1 Really that's his most interesting for you? and 2 It gets way more complex. This Charming Man's a doozy. How Soon is Now is in fact so specific and odd in its effects and playing that he doesn't remember how he did it. Still Ill was like the Roll Over Beethoven of Dark Wave.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 123  Next
Page 1 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Masc... RockyRaccoon Tournaments
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: Kevin S... RockyRaccoon Tournaments
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: Kevin S... RockyRaccoon Tournaments
[ Poll ] Johnny Marr or Robert Smith? Gageham36 Music
New Johnny Marr album The Messenger Secondsoul Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.