I'm a faithful supporter of KEXP and everything they do for the music community.
I know that they have international praise and was curious who all had heard of them/listening to them regularly.
I am an amplifier member and donate monthly. I also try to go down and volunteer when I can.
The DJs are awesome, their in-studio performances get a lot of praise and they're a non-profit radio station that has 0 ads and only plays what the listeners want to hear instead of murdering the same song over and over again.
I would also say that they were the cause for a lot of really good bands to get recognized in the first place.
It's 90.3FM in Seattle but there is also a web stream, mobile app, etc.
KEXP are pretty cool. One of my favorite radio stations I've stumbled upon, though I still love my local station more. Which works out well since I don't have to stream them I suppose.
Of stations I know:
1. LIVE 105 (KITS)
2. NPR
3. KEXP
4. KCPR
5. WFMU
All are honestly great though.
EDIT: This doesn't include NASA's radio station as it's not broadcast, only stream-able. _________________
noticed them a while ago when i realized that artists i like were playing in studio on their youtube channel. didnt know they were ad-free though. pretty great. _________________
Kiki wrote:
You're chart is sooooooooo american. It's like a diner in here.
I've only ever watched YouTube vids of theirs. I'm sure they're a great station but I can't be assed to stream radio when I've got enough good radio available here. I listen to college radio (Georgia State and Georgia Tech), NPR, the local classic rock, alternative, and pop stations, and occasionally jazz and R&B and this great oldies station I can only pick up every so often. _________________ kill yr idols
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum